“Underrated -- Great Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Crockpot9...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Underrated -- Great Experience”
Reviewed 24 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Traveling with teens is tough, but the Great Smokies Lodge and Water Park helped minimize the pain of occupying teens and minimizing the stress of vacationing with teens. The best part of the Great Smokies Lodge and water park is being able to come and go as we pleased. Instead of spending all the time at the water park, we headed out and enjoyed the area and Smoky Mountains, then returned for some afternoon fun in the water park.

The pictures on line accurately describe the room you are staying in. The lodge recently completed a major upgrade and it shows all the way down to the hall ways and through the bedrooms and kitchen. It almost felt like being home.

One thing that is not discussed is the family fun outside the water park. At an extra cost, families can take part in a bunch of activities ranging from an indoor ropes course, mini golf, rock wall, and bowling (to name a few). For the one to two night guest, this costs almost $19.00 per day. For Great Smokies guests, it runs you about $24.00 for your entire stay.

I also liked that Wyndham DID NOT push the buy more points on guests. Come if you want, don't attend if you don't want to. The one thing people do not want is to sit around and waste time on their vacations to get the time share sales pitch.

One wish, for my teens -- the Wi-Fi fails to cover the entire floor. Wyndham needs to add range extenders to enable Wi-Fi throughout the building and room to room. Instead of range extenders, it would be nice to have a router in each room.

Overall, it was a great experience and my boys and I look forward to returning.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxing
Liked least: Lack of wi-fi signal
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 Aug 2015
Thank you for choosing Little Mountain Vacations and for your kind review. We are glad you had a terrific stay. We have many other resorts available. Please let us know if we can help you plan another vacation. Thanks again.
Emjones20...
Huntsville, Alabama
“Pushy Timeshare Representatives”
Reviewed 29 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We arrived at our scheduled check in time and it took them 30 minutes to find our reservation. The woman asked several times if I was sure that I had the correct place. I told her very firmly that I know where I rented from and that we had reservations. Finally after calling over a manager they found our reservation. Once we checked in they sent us over to get a parking pass. The woman asked if we were going to any attractions and I told her what we had in mind. She proceeded to tell me that since it was Memorial Day they could give us discount tickets. For $45 we got discount tickets to the Titanic Museum and the Ripley's aquarium, AND they threw in a free breakfast as part of their holiday promotion. We headed to our room and could not find it, they told us that we were in building 22 room 1222. We finally called them and told them that we were at building 22 but couldn't find our room. They informed us that there was a mistake and they gave us the wrong building number, and our room number wasn't in that building but was in building 12.
We got to our room and it wasn't like the picture that we saw at all, but it wasn't too bad. Then we found out that the toilet in the master bathroom was not working properly and wouldn't flush well. Maintenance came, plunged it and said it was fixed, but it wasn't. We ended up using the bathroom beside our kids bedroom the rest of the time which disturbed them while they were sleeping.
The next morning the phone rings and it's the office reminding us of our 9 a.m breakfast and that our podium would only be 45 minutes. This was the first that we were told about attending any podium during breakfast. We get there and immediately realize that we had been lied to originally. The discount tickets and free breakfast were NOT part of a holiday deal, it was in fact a timeshare presentation that took 2 1/2 hours. We told the salesmen over and over that we were not interested. They absolutely refused to take no for answer, they kept crunching numbers, asking if we could afford it and pretty much tried to bully us into buying into a timeshare. We assured them that it wasn't a money issue and it wasn't the right time for our family. My autistic son was becoming agitated and impatient. Several times we told them that he was at his limit so either my husband or myself took him outside. They did not speed up the process, or show any understanding or concern as to what he was going through. There was an 11 a.m show that my son had his mind set on seeing and we missed it. I was furious, as was my husband and we finally told them we were leaving and not interested. The gentlemen said we were done and had a lady come in to give us a 3 minute survey. The survey consisted of ONE question and then her trying to pressure us into buying the time share. At this point my husband was angry and took the kids and went outside. I stood up and told her we were leaving. At this point they could keep the $45 and discount tickets because we were done. We did get our tickets, but missed the show we had planned on seeing.
If they would have told us to start with that we would have to sit through a timeshare presentation then we would have forgone the discount tickets and, "free" breakfast.
The walls were thin and the neighbors upstairs stomped around until 1 a.m each night keeping us awake, so we did not have a restful stay.
We have vacationed with Wyndham before and really enjoyed it, but this time we did not enjoy it so much. We have talked prior to this vacation about purchasing a timeshare and after this visit we will NOT be purchasing one through Wyndham. I doubt if we will vacation at a Wyndham rental again. Their shady sales pitch and bullying completely tarnished our opinion of Wyndham and their brand. They basically lied to get us to the presentation and then refused to take no for answer. They did not care that our autistic son was at his limit, or that we were becoming frustrated, they only cared about making a sale and that to me is poor business practice. They talked a lot during the presentation about family, but when it came to our family they did not care.
I will not recommend this particular Wyndham vacation to anyone, and we were incredibly disappointed.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 May 2015
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a nice vacation. No timeshare presentation is required or even recommended when you book a reservation with us. Wyndham will offer you the option to go on a presentation when you check in and they will offer some sort of gift to do so. It is entirely your choice if you would like to go on a presentation or not. Hopefully you next vacation will go much better. Let us know if we can assist in the future.
Jim N Tra...
Sweetwater, Tennessee
“Immaculate Condo!”
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Fantastic stay in a wonderful resort. The condo in one word, Immaculate! We all were very pleased with everything about the condo and the master bath was superb. We visit the Pigeon Forge area often and will definetly stay here again. Everything you would ever need for a great vacation is right here! The only minor issue we had was the room wasn't ready until nearly 6pm but with it being Spring Break things like that occur. The Condo and helpfulness of the staff more than made up for it. I highly recommend if your staying in the Pigeon Forge area this is the place to stay!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Apr 2015
Thank you for choosing Little Mountain Vacations. We are glad you had a terrific stay. We have many other resorts available. Please let us know if we can help you plan another vacation. Thanks again.
Tennessee
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing