“Food was good but way overpriced and limited”
Review of The Copper Vault

The Copper Vault
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Description: Copper Vault is a multi-concept restaurant in the heart of historic Springfield, Tennessee. Owners, Ian and Whitney Forrester wanted to bring the people of Robertson County the quality food, cocktails and live music that you would find in Nashville, with a small town charm. Copper Vault also has a full coffee and ice cream bar! Whether you're looking for a romantic night on the town, or a quick bite on your way to the office, Copper Vault is for you!
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I had been looking forward to driving the 25 minutes to eat here as I enjoy the small town's unique restaurants. First impressions on the decor were great as it is well decorated, beautiful bar and ceiling and cozy. Our server was friendly and attentive. She did an excellent job with serving what, i suspect, embarassed her a bit.The issue was with food options, price and quality for that price. We looked at the menu...ONE page. Steak, steak strips, steak stroganoff, salmon, pasta made from squid ink& seafood and ravioli. That was the entire menu, aside from 3 or 4 small salads and 4 or so appetizers, including a $35 cheese board. We flipped the menu over, but no...that's it. I don't eat beef or pork. I'm not a fan of salmon. I have to get ravioli as there were no other options. I literally can't even get a dinner salad because it's only sides. Two others in my group got steak strips and fries, and one got salmon. We all had water because the prices were ridiculous in a town of, what, 10,000 people? I paid less for better food in a normal quantity in Manhattan a few months ago. In addition to the entrees, I paid for a basket of slightly burned croissants and 3 very small side salads. The meal was $129.00 excluding tip. Did the food taste good? Yes, but it was not see inspiring. I think my ravioli bowl had 6 ravioli in it. There were maybe 3 other tables of people at prime dinner hour. I don't see how people can or want to go here regularly. Food can be eclectic and even a bit pricey, but you need to offer food that is appealing to a wide range of people. I shouldn't spend that much money to leave hungry and a bit depressed at the whole experience. Even our server seemed embarrassed when she dropped off the bill. A place like this isn't going to survive long with a limited menu and $25 for 5 strips of beef and a basket of cold fries. There aren't that many snobbish foodies in the area. I was told the "menu changes often." Great but keep a sandwich or two, a chicken item, and at least two non meat options as well. I won't return. The Depot has better food and better prices.

1  Thank jordiepoo

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We were looking for some place a little different to try out for dinner on a recent Friday night. The four of us decided to check out The Copper Vault in Springfield and we are very glad we did! We started with the bacon-wrapped dates with balsamic glaze. They are called Devils on Horseback on the menu. These were excellent! We also had the cheese board which was more than enough for the four of us. I also had the Austin City Limits salad and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. Both of these were excellent as well. My only (minor) issue with the pasta dish was the smaller than expected portion size. Another person in our group ordered a pasta primavera-like dish but also wanted to try some steak. Our wonderful server, Brittney, suggested the pasta dish with steak medallions added. It turned out amazing!

While we mostly socialized and had drinks we were very impressed with the incredible food and service. The front part of the business is a coffee shop while the rear portion is the restaurant and bar area. There is also a stage for live music although there was no music when we were there. The ceiling is a copper-looking metal with stamped designs. The interior manages to pull off an unusual combination of classy and eclectic. There is original artwork on the walls for sale.

This was a wonderful experience with great food and excellent service. I would fully recommend checking this place out for a nice dinner or drinks and snacks with friends. I look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

A quiet lunch with the wife. Pleasant service and atmosphere with good food. A bit pricey but enjoyed it overall. Will be back.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I personally did not like their burgers, whatever they are marinaded in just to me killed the taste. Fries were great, service was only so so ....wait staff really didn't seem to care if we were waited on or not, never was offered a refill on our drinks and it took a long time for our food to be delivered. Wasn't even a busy time of day that we were there....so I was rather disappointed, and didn't feel that the experience was worth the $$$$ nor the food quality. Probably will not go back.

1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Perfect place to have a special meal with family and friends. Menu changes according to local food available.