“Good Food”

Willie Mae's
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Good food but you never know if they will be open or not. The brisket is very good. Not much on the menu.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the best chicken plate I've had ever. The beans and slaw were better than delicious ..seasoned just right.
The staff is friendly and patient.
Next time the brisket.
Can't wait.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Was at the post office the other day in Springfield, was checking trip advisor for a place to grab lunch and Willie Mae's popped up only 143 feet away!! Parking is limited so I parked on the side street.

So glad I did!! This quaint little place was amazing!! There was a line, and the lady running the front was great!! I told her this was my first visit and as busy as she was she made me feel like I was the only customer in there. She explained everything on the menu and even made some suggestions. They make everything there to include all the sides.
The brisket sandwich which I had cole slaw added on top was the best I have ever had!!
Very moist and full of flavor. Also had the bake beans that were delicious!!
Can't wait to take friends!!

1  Thank 157loriv
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Have heard about this place for a while but because of their schedule I have been unable to try it. When they run out they close. I was very impressed. Great brisket and sausage. Sauces are good but little is needed which is the way it should be. If you like hot sauce try their insanity sauce. Perfect blend of flavor and heat. Not for the weak of spirit. It is hot. Sides are solid as well. Look forward to trying the pork and chicken on my next trip.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 17 May 2017

My husband and I spent last week in Springfield visiting our daughter. On our last day there we had lunch at Willie Mae's after reading good things about their BBQ. They have a simple menu, and are only open for an extended lunch period. My husband and daughter had the brisket plate, and I had the pork. The pork wasn't bad, but after tasting the brisket, I knew I should have gotten it instead. It's wonderful! Between us, we had the slaw, BBQ beans and potato salad as sides. The beans were way too sweet; even sweeter than my sweet tea. The beans were the only thing I ended up not eating. Not a bad little place at all. Go for the Brisket and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank PoodleMomma