“Willow Creek is a Good Choice.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Old Smoky Mountain Cabins
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Willow creek cabin is a nice secluded cabin just out of Townsend. It is very comfortable with a loft upstairs as the second bedroom. Nice quiet setting by a creek. It is only a fifteen or twenty minute drive from Cade's Cove. And you can be in Pigeon Forge in around 30 minutes. If you want to be near the amusement parks and restaurants of Pigeon Forge this may not be the place for you. But if you want a quiet relaxing time away from all of the noise of the city this will be perfect.

Stayed: June 2017

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We went to the cabin on Friday and the cabin was very dirty. There were crumbs on the tables, dead bugs and crumbs on the floor, ceiling beams had dust for years on them, door mat was half tore off, trash can was broken, wasp nests outside by the hot tub,tons of dirt and crumbs underneath the furniture and it had an awful smell like saw dust. We called the lady owner and asked for a broom to sweep and clean up. She was very rude and told us she had just cleaned the place. We left to go hang out with the wedding party and came back an hour and half later. We grilled out and then started getting the dishes out of the cabinets. The dishes were filthy and had leftover food on them. We called the owner back and she started screaming at me and told me all I had done was complain and I should just leave. My husband called back and talked to the husband. He agreed we could leave and pay for one night and they would refund us the second night. The couple cleans the place themselves and it needs a deep cleaning. The creek on the back of the cabin is very peaceful, but the cabin itself needs a good cleaning and it was too dirty for me to feel comfortable staying in. I would have rather slept in my car.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My husband & I rented the 'Honeymoon Suite' for my 30th birthday. We had accomplished all of the sights we wanted in two days so we asked if we could check out a day early. The male owner stated that if he could find someone to book it, he had no problem with us checking out a day early. He said we would get a night's booking plus tax as a refund. He was able to rebook the room so we were able to check out a day early. When we received our refund, they had charged us more for the first two nights and stated that the rate is higher if you stay less than three days. This is no where on their website & was not told to us when we discussed checking out a day early. We discussed it with the male owner for a few minutes before he admitted that he told his wife not to do that to us, but he was unable to do the right thing as one of the owners! His wife would not even come down to talk to us about what she had done. They refused to give us a full refund as we had discussed with the male owner the previous day!
The honeymoon suite was also very dirty. With the price, we didn't mind how outdated the place is, but guests should expect a clean stay. We bought Clorox wipes and wiped down the floors, toilet, sink, shower, kitchen table, etc. Wish I had taken pictures to post with this to show you the dirt & grime that we collected! Spend a few more dollars & stay somewhere else!
Very disappointed with the owners and their property.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SarahSteward
Reviewed 3 August 2015

I struggle as I review this property because I can find very little positives to say about the property and owners. Face to face the male owner seemed nice enough but the female owner had misled us about the cabin. We were very clear there would be 3 adults and 1 teen and 1 child. 2 queen beds with sleeper twin was told to us but when we got there there was NOT a sleeper-loveseat. It is impossible to sleep 5 people on 2 beds and we tried to discuss this with the owner. The female owner did not get on the phone with us but denied telling us it would sleep 5. We have the text messages. Very frustrating to drive 6 hours to discover your dream spot is a mild nightmare. We had to go buy an airbed for 1 of the people to sleep on. Tried to discuss with the owners and got a whooping $5 a day as a credit. We are still waiting for that credit to happen. We stayed because the grandchildren wanted to be near the creek. Creek might have been 3 inches at the deepest, but it afforded them a place to have water battles. DIRTY, outdated, thread bare sheets with holes. Comforters were nasty and had holes. Pillows were FILTHY!!!. We went to Dollar General and bought pillows instead of laying our heads on these horribly nasty things. I stripped and washed the linens, sheets, towels, mattress covers. I did not realize I would have to work so hard to get a place clean while on vacation. The stove had grease on the dials, coffee maker had coffee in the filter basket, bottom of pot was dirty. Minimal silverware. Dusty tables, dirty light fixtures. Plug in downstairs bath has a burned mark on it so we did not use it for fear of burning the place down. There was even a dirty tissue in the bathroom waste can. The outside was not alot better. At least the grass had been semi mowed. There were so many wasp nest (Approx 5 inches across) on the front porch that we did not spend anytime out there. Also what appeared to be the beginning of a hornet nest on the front porch ceiling. There was a hot tub but we were afraid to use it since the cabin was to nasty and the house in general was in disrepair. There are carpenter bees that are slowly destroying the exterior of this cabin. Dirt dobbers nests everywhere. The kitchen needs more that a washcloth and hand towel as kitchen towels. Potholders would be nice also in the event the guest wants to cook. FOR THE POSITIVE... It is on a creek, there is a washer and dryer, it had decent water pressure and plenty of hot water. The bed downstairs was comfortable. Quiet neighborhood with easy access to Hwy 321 for a trip to Cades Cove and another creek with much better water flow. I have never written an unfavorable report before but this one had to be said. Hopefully the owners will correct the cleaning service and inspect more carefully next time.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Carrol D
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was the second time that we have stayed at the Dream Catcher cabin. The first time was in Sept. of 2002 right after 9-11. For those of you not familiar with Old Smoky Mountain Cabins in Townsend, the cabins are older and are not fancy like a lot of the newer cabins that you will find around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, so if you are after that, you can forget these cabins. What you will find is, cabins that are in great locations for nature. The Dream Catcher in 2002, was the only cabin anywhere around and was and still is the last cabin before the national park. it sits right on the river and now there is a cabin that has recently been built right next door. I didn't care for that, but luckily, we were the only ones around. You will not find a better location anywhere, but I will give a little warning, that this is not a luxury cabin. Because you are deep in the woods right next to the river, you will have a few bugs and creepy crawlers, so if you can't deal with that, look elsewhere. My wife likes to say that this is where we go to do our camping out. Assuming we are still in good health a few years from now, we will probably be back to this great place. It is a great place for a couple to connect or reconnect. We have been married for 41 years, and we had a great time here once again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple