“Nice for the price”

Hospitality House
Hospitality House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Non-smoking room was superb and clean. The breakfast was hot and very clean. The service and staff were very friendly and efficient. Parking is easy and air is cool. We checked out and then had to go back for an additional night, we had to get another room. The room was a "smoking room" was not as good. We told them about the outdated furniture and they said they would correct it quickly. The beds were clean and aur was cold.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 October 2016

We arrived around 4pm and checked in. We were given a room in the block at the back of the motel. The room was good, it was a decent size, plenty of natural light and very quiet. Everything appeared to be very clean - yes, the motel and the rooms are starting to look a little tired in places but all in all it was perfectly acceptable. The breakfast was lovely - the lady (can't remember her name) in the breakfast room was really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Copsrule
HospitalityHouse, Manager at Hospitality House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you for your kind review. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Yes, we appreciate we have some wonderful breakfast hostesses, and it's good to hear how please people are with them. Thanks!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Hospitality House for the past four years and must say the quality has slowly deteriorated over the years. Rooms should be refreshed as the decor, amenities are out dated. Also the room (119) had dark mold or mildew on the ceiling near the air conditioner register. Place used to be very nice, but now looks and feels outdated. Staff are very nice however!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lemon W
HospitalityHouse, Manager at Hospitality House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for you recent stay with us! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us for this last stay. Yes, we are an older motel, and being locally and independently owned, it is sometimes a struggle to keep up with newer motels, but we try! We are happy to report that we get very high marks on providing a safe, friendly and clean place to stay by many of our guests. We do updates as often as we can. This summer, due to the high temperatures and humid conditions we have had some rooms with mildew, but as soon as we find it we clean it. (It is not a sign of failing to clean, but a result of the current weather patterns.) If you ever have a problem while here, I hope you will report to us so we can try to remedy it. We will continue to look for areas to improve, and thank you for comments like your's that help us to know what to do.

Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

There were bugs all over my room I stayed there last night. I called the front desk at 11:30 pm and told him there were bugs all over the furniture in my room. The clerk was very polite, courteous, and helpful. We looked at two other rooms and they also had bugs all over the room. I was ready to sleep in my truck. We went and looked at a third room and we did not see any bugs in it so I tried to sleep. This morning there were more bugs on the bathroom vanity. The front desk clerk this morning was also very kind. He told me to contact one of the managers after 8:30. I called And spoke with Daniel Craig. He is the property manager and he is not helpful and is very abrupt. He couldn't wAit to get me off the phone. He acted like it was no big deal and is not willing to listen to anyone's complaints. He said that the bugs showed up because of the rain and there's nothing he can do about it. He made me feel like an idiot just for even discussing bugs with him. Maybe he likes to sleep with bugs but I do not. He finally said he would call the owners and he would call me back but he has not called me back. I think he just said that to get me off the phone.
The desk clerks are very customer service oriented. Very friendly and welcoming. Manager, Daniel Craig, should not be in the customer service industry.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Bridget S
HospitalityHouse, Manager at Hospitality House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Yes, I remember speaking with you. I am sorry if you did not consider myself to be polite and helpful. I apologize if I came across as being unwilling to help or taking time to meet your needs. I will remind you that these were tiny, tiny bugs about the size of two dots on a page. They are called "Springtails", and I was trying to assure you there was no concern for injury or harm, and yes, what I said is they are outside insects that had made their way inside because of the torrential rains we had the previous day was true. I agree because of the number it would be concerning not knowing what they were, that is why I was trying to reassure you, not that I was trying to be impatient or unhelpful. Again, I am sorry if my statement came across as abrupt and I certainly was not trying to make you feel like an idiot. Our rooms are already treated more than the state recommendations for pests, so this was one of those events that I cannot do more. We take every precaution available to prevent something like this, but as you testify things still happen. I'm sorry I failed to report back to you, and would welcome your call (because I do not have your number available).

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

The beds are hard as a rock. The TV is literally 20 years old, fridge doesn't stay cold. They try to trick you by saying they have a hot tub but it's more like a warm tub with weak jets. The breakfast is not anything to write home about. The list goes on. Not recommended to anyone.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
HospitalityHouse, Manager at Hospitality House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Sorry, we apparently did something to upset you. While I appreciate your candor in your review, I wish we could have known at the time to see what we could have done to alleviate your concerns. It is funny that while all our beds are identical, I often have people complain our beds are too soft, so I don't know what I could do for you in this matter. Yes, we still have many 25" TV's, and have not afforded to upgrade all our rooms to flatscreen, it is a project we are working on. I wish we could know which room you were in so we could check out your refrigerator, but all motel refrigerators go through a built-in daily defrost cycle, so perhaps this is what you noticed. Our hot tub in the pool area is serviced regularly by a local pool company, and I am not aware of any problems with it. As for the breakfast, for a mid-priced motel we have one of the best breakfast anyone offers - and please remember we don't charge extra for it like many hotels do. I respect your non-recommendation, but hope others will see that we try hard to provide a safe, comfortable, clean, and moderate-priced place for people to stay when visiting our area. As you can see by our reviews, we have many satisfied guests, and appreciate the fact that we have many repeat guests that appreciate our facilities. I apologize we could not provide this for your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
19.4 km away
Days Inn Martin
Days Inn Martin
#2 of 3 in Martin

Been to Hospitality House? Share your experiences!