“Will be my place to stop when traveling to Fort Worth or Dallas”

Collin Street Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Bellmead
Description: The newest Location of their Bakery along I 35
Description: The newest Location of their Bakery along I 35
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My husband and I stopped here yesterday when traveling home from Spring Break. I have been wanting to stop here for a long time. We ordered the "famous" chicken salad sandwich. It was good. It had plenty of chicken, pecans, a hint of onion (which I always love in my salad). We also bought a variety of cookies, from cherry ice box to chocolate chip pecan. We thought the cookies were very good. There were samples of their world famous fruitcake in small containers in baskets Ok, I'm not a fruitcake fan, my husband is. He loved the sample; I was hesitant until I tried the sample......Oh My Goodness! I loved the sample! I think I have turned into a fruit cake lover, but only the Collin Street kind! There were also Texas Pecan Cakes in 3 varieties: Pineapple Pecan, Texas Blonde Pecan, Apricot Pecan. I didn't get to sample these but next time I think I will buy a small version of these to take home. These just sound tasty!
We took everything to go but there is a very nice seating area in the bakery. Collin Street doesn't sell only sandwiches; they also make soups, very fresh looking salads, Raisin bread with a white glaze that looked heavenly. A majority of the bakery items are located where you can grab and go: fruitcakes (all sizes), breads, rolls, pies, even baked dog and cat treats!
Collin Street can get busy and we waited for our sandwich for a bit. But remember: all the sandwiches are made to order.
I think this will be a stop for lunch anytime we travel to see our kids in Fort Worth and Dallas. So Good!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is the first time stopping and purchasing pastry from this bakery and deli. I found the bake items very pricey i.e. small tasteless cookies costing anywhere from .60 cents and up for each one! The pies are expenses as well. You can get better pastries from other places for less and more variety! Not worth the stop in my opinion!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Had an incredible breakfast croissant and coffee. The bakery is beautiful and large and provides you with hundreds of incredible options of baked goods. Not much for fruitcake, but the sample had me changing my tune.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We travel to Temple every month or so to visit family there, each time we go, we always stop here. We've never had a bad experience with the food or customer service, it is just exceptional.

My children get cookies or cake, and of course, eat it all with no complaints. If they get a sandwich, it comes with a cookie and a drink, which is great for them, and very reasonably priced. My partner and I usually get a sandwich and a couple of cookies, they never disappoint.

90% of times we visit here we found a couple of extra cookies in our bag, the customer service is next to none.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I tried a sand tart and it was a bit dry. The cheese cookies were spiced perfectly, with a bit of chilly yummyness. My husband bought the traditional fruit cake for a present and I purchased a beautiful looking banana nut bread for a present.

The coffee was great!

They also had salad selections.

Been to Collin Street Bakery? Share your experiences!