“Great Take-out for Campers! ”
Review of Old 300 BBQ

Old 300 BBQ
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Blanco
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

First night arriving with camper at Blanco State Park, we’d driven right past this fun-looking local bbq joint. So we decided to go back after we were all set-up to pick up some to-go and enjoy it at our campsite (on our covered picnic table with campfire!).
Moist (wet) brisket was cooked just right and very tasty. With or without sauce. The beans with meat and barbecue taste were great! Slaw was good. They have all the fixin’s you need. We also got peach & blueberry cobbler! Yum!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

After a day of sightseeing the hill country, we happened upon this place in Blanco. Don’t let the choices overwhelm, just order a brisket or sausage sandwich. Lots of meat on a grilled bun. Sides are optional. Both sweet and spicy bbq sauces are super, but the marinated onions can’t be beat!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was traveling on business and happened to stop by this relatively unknown BBQ restaurant in Blanco, TX. I had Brisket and sausages with a side of creamed corn. The creamed corn was off the hook and the brisket was the best, most tender brisket, best seasoned brisket I've ever tasted. The meat was tender, well cooked and so delicious I didn't even want to use BBQ sauce. Whatever they used for a rub, I WANT THE RECIPIE! I've had the pleasure of trying barbeque in many different places in Texas and this beats anyplace that thinks they are the best. If you ever get to Blanco, TX, you gotta stop in.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I like BBQ a lot more than my wife so when she agrees to stop for BBQ I'm all in. We were on our way from San Antonio to Grape Creek Vineyards and I timed it just right to get to Old 300 BBQ right before noon on a Saturday to beat the crowd. The menu board is expansive and it's hard to choose.
I decided to keep it simple to be able to see how good the brisket was and went for the brisket sandwich, lean. Although lean, the meat had good bark and was still moist and tender. They have a sweet and a spicy BBQ sauce. My favorite is a blend of the two. I also tried the creamed corn, which was very good. We tried the smoked cheesecake, but couldn't taste any smokiness. But it's still a really good cheesecake, definitely big enough to split. Also tried the fries. They were hot and crispy, the way fries should be.

The staff were very friendly and checked on us as we ate to make sure we were satisfied with our meal.

They have a US map and a word map on the wall and people insert push pins from their home location. I was amazed at all the countries represented.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Great sandwiches. Brisket was top notch. Staff was really friendly
We weresurprise his good it was

Been to Old 300 BBQ? Share your experiences!