“RAVIN' BLUEBERRIES!”
Review of Deutsch Apple

Deutsch Apple
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Blanco
Price range: US$2 - US$28
Description: Using the original recipes. Well known bakery serving Blanco and the surrounding areas. Come stop in and say hi!
Reviewed 2 September 2017

One word- GO! Two words- GO NOW! Three words- DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY PIE!

Ok so- I had heard the talk about town was that the Apple Pie Shoppe was really good.
For months, I've driven by this place on my way to Dripping Springs or Wimberely.
There were ALWAYS cars aplenty in the parking lot but you know- I'm really not THAT in to Apple Pie. Kinda a little fickle about it, really.
Today- all my reluctance was put aside!
Why???
Well, I stopped in to get a Labor Day wkend treat- thinking "let's just try a pie and see".
My husband LOVES apple pie, especially when it's made from scratch!
EVERYTHING HERE IS MADE FROM SCRATCH, fyi.
So believing it was all about APPLES, imagine my SHOCK! when they also sell Pecan pie, Peach pie & Blueberry pie!

Now- here's the "cherry on the sundae" with this tale.
I've Summered 5x in Vermont.
We would go for an entire month. 'PICK YOUR OWN BLUEBERRIES' were staple affairs and then we'd make homemade blueberry pie from scratch.
It is THE BEST but the monkey wrench with that is the crust. I think you can only buy it there in the grocery and they refuse to ship it.
It has cinnamon in it.
We would make pies for the entire month- the entire family.
Vermont Blueberry Pie!
We would look forward to it.
Could never duplicate it and wouldn't even imagine anything coming close...until today!

YEP. True story- I bought a blueberry pie from the Deutsch Apple!
W O W.
I am impressed!
STELLAR.
I dare say- it's AS GOOD AS Vermont You Pick 'EM Berries & you bake the pie at home!
W O W.

KUDOS!
If only I had known- I'd probably would gave gained 10lbs by now just eating their pies!
I'm afraid to go back for a Pecan & Peach. Seriously.
I'm afraid to fall in love with those pies just the same!

BRAVO, DEUTSCH APPLE! Bravo.

May you find yourselves with such a wonderful reputation that people from both San Antonio & Austin make the country backroad drive to your establishment in droves!

Your pie really is THAT TASTY!

Bravo.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

So glad to see this bakery re-open. The apple cake is so delicious!!! Every time we are in the area we plan the trip so we can make a stop and this adorable & delicious bakery! You should too!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

New Owners using the original recipes -- YAY! Just found out at Blanco market days last month. Bought a mini-cake and it's the way it used to be! Will get big ones next time as they freeze well. So glad someone cared enough to "rescue" this place.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Reopened? Be still my heart!!!! Best Apple Cake ever ever..I could just cry. Thank you, thank you. I took a trip across the US with my mom, before she passed away. There was nothing more she loved then those apple muffins. She fly from Michigan, we loaded up on Apple Bread and muffins, and that was pretty much all she take from Texas to Michigan. Thanks you. Our trip was Spring over 2011

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I spoke with Janet the Manager of Deutsch Apple at the Blanco Market this past Saturday. 3rd Weekend of the month.. (Janet was offering The Deutsch Apple bakegoods). They have NEW OWNERS - AND ARE NO LONGER A RESTAURANT.. Still offering their Apple Pecan Cake; Apple Pecan Muffin; Cinnamon Rolls and additional Pies and Cookies. You can also special order Pies - they offer a gluten free and sugar free Apple Crumb pie...