“Enjoyable Cave with great staff”

Cave Without a Name
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Boerne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Eleven miles northeast of Boerne, in the heart of the scenic, rolling hills of the Texas Hill Country, Cave Without a Name is a natural, living cavern. Some say the most beautiful in Texas. The Cave is filled with spectacular formations of Stalactites, Stalagmites, delicate Soda Straws, Cave Drapery, magnificent Flowstones, Rimstone Dams, and more. Enjoy a tour of the six major rooms in comfort; 66 degrees year-round, easy walkways, brilliant lighting. Plan an unforgettable adventure you will remember forever...
Reviewed 8 April 2010

The Cave without a name was a great private cave to visit! The guide took my wife and I down, along with your daughter. He was very knowledgable, and let us explore and ask all the questions we could muster! The tour lasted about an hour, which was great. They typically close at 5pm, but stayed open longer for us so we could enjoy it (we called at 3pm to verify they were open and told them we'd be driving down from Fredericksburg, TX). It was a very pleasent suprise that they stayed open just for us, never making it seem rushed or anything of the sort - on the contrary, it seemed like they wouldn't mind if we stuck around and talked for a while. We didn't, because it was time to take the daughter back, but I'd have no problem recommending this cave to anyone in Texas that has some free time and likes doing something different.

Overall I was very impressed, and enjoyed our time. The price for tickets was about $14 per person, but the gift shop was the cheapest I've ever seen! Thanks guys! I hope to visit the cave again someday.

All reviews
"worth the trip"
in 7 reviews
"during spring break"

Reviewed 24 December 2009

I called the folks at the cave ahead of time and told them we'd be arriving in 20 minutes with a family of 5 with kids. It was 11am and the tour guide said that it would not be a problem as the next tour would start at 11:30. At 11:20, we arrived. The tour left at 11:15. The next would leave in an "hour or so". We had driven from San Antonio. It was so completely rude that we turned around and left for Cascade Caverns. though a bit run-down (something they are fixing), the staff could not have been nicer and the cave was great.

I would have liked to have seen the cave without a name, but didn't appreciate the treatment.

6  Thank AsBarton
Reviewed 8 May 2009

When I was younger, my mom took me and three siblings to tons of caves all over the country, and we loved them. My two kids, 6 and 7 at the time we went late last summer, liked it, but the guide was pretty unpleasant. Apparently, he had had bad experiences with children in his past tours. He told us at the beginning that a girl had fallen down stairs in the cave because her mother wasn't watching her, and he let us all know how he felt about that particular mother's parenting skills as a warning that running in the cave by children would not be well received. We were fine with that. I'm a pretty protective parent and my kids know to mind their p's and q's. But my niece, who was 4, was talking quietly to her father in the back of the group. I was right next to her and had no trouble hearing what he was saying over her whispers. Neither did my kids. The guide rudely shone the light in her eyes and told her loudly that it was rude to talk while others were talking. She and my two kids were terrified the rest of the time to say a word or get within ten feet of the man. They were no longer interested in examining the formations and did not enjoy any of what caves have to offer. I understand that a lot of people really do get annoyed at kids' talking, but she wasn't old enough to have been chastised like he did. We all agreed it would've been more appropriate for the gentleman to talk to her father about asking her to be quiet rather than blinding her with his flashlight and practically yelling at her for whispering. I haven't been able to get my kids back into a cave since.

Also, this one was smaller than any others I have ever seen, but it does have some really nice formations. Nothing spectacular, though. Overall, we were not impressed and felt the admission price was a little steep for the experience we got.

2  Thank MamaKat06
Reviewed 14 March 2009

this is one of the nicest caves in the area. It is kept up nice and is clean and organized with a history lesson from the guide.

2  Thank cjbdigitalimaging