“Poorly Managed Dive”

Papa Perez
Ranked #48 of 199 Restaurants in Bryan
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food may have been okay, but the service was so despicable that nothing else stood out. The owner of this restaurant needs to learn how to be efficient and how to be respectful to patrons. Probably the rudest people I’ve met in my life. The man server acted like an enraged bull because two handicapped senior citizens weren’t able to sit with their group at a long community table. He pressed really hard on my shoulder to get me to tell them to move. The woman owner or manager refused to allow another server to help the solo server assigned to our table of 25 senior citizens. Lunch took 2.5 hours because of her careless oversight. She came across controlling, and less than humble When we began to bring it to her attention that we needed another server to help us get out of there, she aggressively told everyone to sit down. I was called a very ugly profane name as we walked out of this backwoods Mom and Pop dive.

1  Thank JoAnnis30

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My husband and I LOVE coming to Papa Perez. It's a weekly occurrence and sometimes twice.... we always sit at the bar. The service is great, friendly atmosphere and consistently great fajitas. One of the highlights of our week...

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I had a meeting with two church colleagues for lunch, and treated them. We were promptly seated in the back dining area, and our server, Cinthia 0125171505, was up to the task. She provided good service, even after we finished our meal and were talking. My tamales were very good. The other gentlemen were equally pleased with their meals. The sauces were tasty and the chips were fresh and crispy. The property was clean.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Papa Perez is a Great Family Oriented Mexican Restaurant in Downtown Bryan.
The open for breakfast and are open late.
They also have a Great Selection of Messina Hof Wine which is made locally.
The staff is great and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We decided to visit Papa Perez for a change. Our meals were good, and the service was also very good. The facility was clean. While my tamales were good, I have had better. They were a bit bland, and I needed freshly diced onion to give them a kick. But, all in all, it was a very good meal. Will be back.

Been to Papa Perez? Share your experiences!