“Disappointing evening at a once great family restaurant”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Burleson
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We should have known something was awry at Babes (Chicken Dinner) in Burleson when on a Saturday night there was no waiting line. It has been several years since we last visited, and since we were driving through Burleson by way of Austin we eagerly anticipated the visit! To say it was a disappointment really doesn't express the level of dissatisfaction we experienced, we won't be back and will do our level best to make sure others know. Food served out of boxes and cans, an unfriendly teenage waitress, clear plastic bags for our gravy-laden chicken fried steak take-home lol. Don't know about the other Babes restaurants but steer clear of this place.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is not the same restaurant we visited in the past. The only sides served are corn and green beans out of a can and potatoes out of a box. The "salad" is a head of iceberg lettuce dressed with vinegar, oil and sugar. poor wait staff. The meat on your plate is the only thing you can take home. They are so cheap they've replaced to go boxes with bags for your food - not a joke!. All this for $15.00 a plate.This is over priced below average cooking! Save your money and pick up a bucket of chicken and heat up canned food from the supermarket!

1  Thank andi870
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I love going to Babes! The chicken is good and crispy. I’ve never had to wait for a table. The menu is very simple with minimal options, but I like everything they serve.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Best food ever...but really prefer to go during Christmas I love all the decorations... And I think they'd be surprised at all the people I send there to eat. I send lots of people from the hotel I work at there

Reviewed 6 March 2018

My daughters and I went for lunch- my first time there. Loved the atmosphere and service was great. It is family style- they will provide a bag for leftover chicken but you cannot take any sides left over with you unless you want to scoop them into a plastic bag. Food was above average but not stellar - We ordered fried chicken and chicken fried steak. Sides seemed like they were from a can.
I probably would return.