“breakfast in Brazil”

Ranked #16 of 352 Restaurants in Carrollton
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Reviewed 24 December 2015

I have eaten here several times but only for breakfast. They have a great menue though for lunch and dinner, it not cheap here, mid to high range, food is good they are friendly and can accomodate wheel chairs.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

I've eaten at several other locations and the food is always very consistent and always very good. You pretty much know what you're going to get every time you go into a cafe Brazil location. They have an excellent menu and serve breakfast all day.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

We were thrilled when we got our very own Cafe Brazil 10 or so years ago and visited quite frequently. Unfortunately, within the last year or so, the quality has declined markedly. Lack of attention to cooking, under seasoning, produce past its peak and what appear to be smaller portions. Our hope is that things improve soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

The menu offers lots of choices that bring out the country boy happy that stays locked up until I've had my coffee and eggs. Here I get a choice of countries. The empanada with chorizo or huevos rancheros starts my day off "bueno" or the chicken fried steak and eggs reminds me of hearty breakfasts that grandma made. The large cups and wide selection of flavors let me get my coffee on full tilt. Off hours help to avoid a wait and breakfast is always on the menu.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

I am a fan of Café Brazil and have visited a few of their locations in the area. I like that they support local artists by displaying their work. The restaurant was clean and bright.

A friend and I arrived for an early dinner around 4 PM. There were only two other tables occupied. The server greeted us and said we could have the table of our choice. We chose a table and ordered our drinks. Our server brought our drinks quickly. Then we waited and waited for her to come back and take our order. She and the manager were standing behind the counter talking. The manager looked over a couple of times but just resumed his conversation. Finally, she took our order.

I ordered a spinach salad. The food took forever to arrive. In the meantime, a VERY large party of 14 or so was seated. Our waitress was moving tables to accommodate the guests and taking their drink orders. Meanwhile, the manager was meandering about with an iPad. I heard the bell ring in the kitchen. I assumed it was our order as the other two tables had left and the large party was just getting their drinks. I looked at the manager hoping he would put the iPad down and bring our food. He didn’t. It was another 3 minutes before our food was delivered.

The salad was forgettable. Spinach thrown on a plate with mushrooms, cucumber and tomatoes. There were a few tiny croutons and a smattering of feta cheese. The bacon pieces were overcooked and hard. The “tangy raspberry balsamic vinaigrette” was beyond tangy…it was inedible. I love balsamic vinegar but this was awful. I caught the server and ordered a side of Ranch dressing. It helped, but not enough. We asked for the check, paid and left.

Next time I will return to another location. Sad.