“Extremely great value!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This cafe was recommended to us and it was great. We were seated promptly (no reservations) and the server was efficient, friendly, prompt and helpful. My husband and split a caprese salad, a generous portion! And then we ordered an entree dinner salad (it was huge; we couldn't finish it - I really liked the dressing) and chicken cannelloni. I was a little disappointed in the cannelloni. The chicken inside was bland. The pasta was really fresh though. The sauce was a little overpowering and VERY generous (as in probably too much). Again the sauce was a little bland, too. Since we drank only water as our beverage we came out so cheaply!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I came here for lunch and was disappointed. The quiche was tough and heavy. However, I have been here several times for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meals. The bread is wonderful and the fettuccini Alfredo is the best I've ever had! Flavorfull and creamy without being overwhelmingly rich. The shrimp I had with it were large and fresh and served hot. I will have to give it a try again for lunch.
The cafe is in an old house that has a lot of quirky charm and floors that slant. The service is excellent. Make a reservation as space is limited. Perfect for family parties, showers etc.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We were traveling home from Leakey looking for a new place to eat. This was #1 in TripAdvisor so we decided to check it out. I had the pot roast with green beans and mashed potatoes my husband had the steak and eggs. Everything was excellent, the steak was awesome and the pot roast was just like homemade. You will not leave hungry. Desserts looked great but no room.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This cafe is a delight! Very busy for weekday lunches, the menu is varied, lemonade is homemade, portions are generous! We loved the photos on the wall. No room for dessert but they were homemade as well.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Started our stay Castroville by watching the Fourth of July Parade and ended it with brunch at this lovely cafe. The plentyful TBA with a cup of Tortilla Soup and a scoop of chicken salad and potatoe salad and green salad we shared, were more than enough for both of us. Although I HAD to have the peach cobbler. Could have done without that it was just o.k..Wished the latter would have been made with fresh peaches which are in season now.