“Worth a stop”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

What a lovely spot for lunch on our road trip. Sat outside on a tree-shaded patio surrounded by Alsatian atmosphere. Lunch was divine. I had the loaded baked potato soup and my partner had a veggie trio of a garden salad, fresh and tasty coleslaw and the best pasta salad he’s ever had. All in all, the perfect lunch stop.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

My server was helpful and friendly. The parking is a bit challenging. The atmosphere is very pleasant. My coffee was excellent, the tortilla soup was tasty, my sandwich was a bit on the bland side (I had the egg salad), but filling. I will definately come back.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

First time to Castroville and we picked the Cafe for lunch based on the Tripadvisor rating. We were not disappointed. Located in a beautiful old house with high ceilings. The food and service was excellent. Definitely will go back and try it for dinner sometime.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This cafe was recommended to us and it was great. We were seated promptly (no reservations) and the server was efficient, friendly, prompt and helpful. My husband and split a caprese salad, a generous portion! And then we ordered an entree dinner salad (it was huge; we couldn't finish it - I really liked the dressing) and chicken cannelloni. I was a little disappointed in the cannelloni. The chicken inside was bland. The pasta was really fresh though. The sauce was a little overpowering and VERY generous (as in probably too much). Again the sauce was a little bland, too. Since we drank only water as our beverage we came out so cheaply!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I came here for lunch and was disappointed. The quiche was tough and heavy. However, I have been here several times for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meals. The bread is wonderful and the fettuccini Alfredo is the best I've ever had! Flavorfull and creamy without being overwhelmingly rich. The shrimp I had with it were large and fresh and served hot. I will have to give it a try again for lunch.
The cafe is in an old house that has a lot of quirky charm and floors that slant. The service is excellent. Make a reservation as space is limited. Perfect for family parties, showers etc.