Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
FindHotel
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2019

A rather big place which seems to cater for variuos needs - from serving lunch to a huge pack of people on a day trip to being a place for a seminar/workshop or a place to relax. It has a spacious and well-situated opne deck / lounge / bar, many bicycles to rent (could be better maintained though) and rather basic rooms. We were in a rather small room with white curtains (not helpful in the short summer nights) and small bathroom. So all in all, a rather average experience for not average money. Food was also not top notch, good food not to be hungry, a bit too salty for my taste. But nothing spectacular. In addition, there was no hot whater on one of the days and wifi singal in the rooms was on and off. A huge plus however - its staff: very friendly and helpful. If i were to come back to Koster to take in its quietness I would probably look for a quiter/smaller place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank xryLviv
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Was stuck on Kosta for a couple of hours most places shut till we found this little gem. Nice staff and nice drinks like a designer candlelit romantic hotel in middle of nowhere nice to relax and people chill had a charger socket here allso saved the day and nice place 5 stars from England and recommend we got a hot chocolate on Kosta island... I can now say I had a Kosta on Kosta

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Koster is built for purpose, what comes to hosting great parties. We had a business event for a few hundred people, but I can easily see a big or small wedding party taking place here too. Stunning environment, that is set up so that they can cater and entertain people really well.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I've spent the summer's of my childhood on the Koster islands in my parent's boat, and figured I'd take my husband with me back here for a night. This was my (our) first time at this hotel, a property we've heard so many good things about. We've just checked out, and I must say I'm disappointed. Especially considering the price we payed. We had a apartment suite with a full ocean view from our balcony, one of their best rooms and it really needs some TLC. We payed SEK 2295,-, and it was not worth it. I mean, the balcony had wonderful views, the size of the room was very good (can easily fit a family of four), but the furniture was obviously cheap, partly damaged and every piece of cloth (curtains, sofas, towels, etc) had stains on them. The corners of the room were dirty, and the bathroom had only two small light bulbs over the sink, nothing else. It was the darkest bathroom I've ever been in (I spend about 30-60 nights at hotels every year), and the lights went off every now and then, needed a little tap to get back on...

However, the worst part of the experience was, unfortunately, the morning sun. Don't get me wrong, I love waking up to a striking and warming sun, the sounds of sea gulls and the ocean, but I also like to breath... There are only regular curtains in the bedroom, nothing to keep the warmth and light out. Even though we slept with the window wide open, the sun heated the room so much we could hardly breath from about 5 in the morning... I talked to the receptionist about this upon check out, she told me this was a known problem, but also that the hotel management hadn't figured out what to do yet... Well, how about putting in a simple fan in the meantime?? At the price you're charging, one should expect to get a good night's rest and sleep. The receptionist also told me that I'd gotten a special rate, well, the web site didn't say so when I made the reservation... This was the full asking price. According to her, I should've payed SEK 2900,-. Let me just tell you, I wouldn't have. She also said that the popularity of the islands press the prices up, and I see that as a point, but the price payed should also reflect on the product that is sold...

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant last night, and was very happy with that (payed about SEK 700 for two steak dinners and several beverages), but the included breakfast this morning was disappointing as well. It had the basics, but nothing more... Would've liked some fresh fruits and more choices in bread...

I have to say that the people working there were delightful, polite and welcoming, especially the young woman in the restaurant last night. But the fact that the receptionist was not willing to give me a partial refund at check out, when we had the discomforts we had (that they knew about before our arrival), was disappointing as well. Poor guest service. Obviously I didn't mind paying the price, but I expected, at the very least, a good nights sleep!

Since we had one of their best rooms, with the experience I've described here, we won't be returning any time soon. They need to put in a bit of effort to charge these prices... Our stay should've been comfortable, but unfortunately it wasn't.

Also, they say the best way to see the islands is by bicycle. You can rent those right from the hotel, or from another company down the street. The hotel charges SEK 179,- per day, the place down the street from SEK 150,-. Note that the price is the same no matter when you get your bike during the day, and you have to return it within the evening. The bikes are basic, most without gears, and quite heavy to thread. The first one I got had no brakes... As a side note, my husband and I agreed that hotel guests should be able to borrow bikes, as we already pay good money to stay. They could charge a deposit, to ensure the bikes are returned...

All in all, I'm sad to have had this experience in the islands of my childhood memories, and hope to come back next year, but I'll bring my tent for that....

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing location! Super friendly staff.
The room was super nice and cosy, I loved the deco.
The views from the outdoor bar are amazing.
Great for a family stay, you can use one of the bikes outside the hotel to ride around the island.
Also great for couples, we enjoyed the live music and it was superb.
Love the breakfast nice variety and very good quality. Free WiFi
Definitely recommend this hotel it’s a 5 star for us!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Isabelle A, Receptionist at Hotel Ekenas Koster, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback!