“Oh My Goodness! Fantastic”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #18 of 315 Restaurants in College Station
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Filet with lump crab, fried asparagus and shaved Brussels Sprouts, Decoy wine equal a fantastic meal‼️‼️ Every person at the table was great❤️ Strip steak, prime rib, fried shrimp, all great. Excellent service ❣️ Love this restaurant ❤️

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We traveled from San Antonio to College Station to watch our son at the Jimbo Fisher Football Camp. We stayed at the BW Plus which is next door to the Saltgrass, we walked across and choose to sit at the bar, there were only 3 other people sitting there so we figured we would get some great service. We ordered some drinks and then Courtney came over to ask if we were going to eat as well. She got us silverware and place mats and took our order. We sat and waited for a few minutes then she brought our salads out. Both of our salads had lots of brown lettuce which I picked around since I was hungry. My wife ate less then half of hers Zach the other bartender came over and picked it since he saw she was no longer eating it. Never did he ask how it was or if there was anything wrong with it. When our food came out it was warm but not hot, we decided to eat it and by the time we were half way done we regretted the decision, cold Laredo Chicken is not to tasty. My wife asked to see a manager he listened and wanted to buy us dessert or a drink, we told him thanks but no thanks. We told how much we love the Saltgrass in San Marcos and how much better the service there is compared to his store. He told that they had a large turnover in bartenders and would be having a meeting the next day due to the large number of complaints they were receiving. I would not recommend this Saltgrass till they work on their Customer Service.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

If you have a couple of hours to get typical chain steakhouse food, this is the place for you. Actually, the food was fine but the service was some of the worst I’ve ever had. We waited over thirty minutes for our salads and another 40 for our dinners. The waitress hovered picking up things as we put them down whether we were finished or not. Then I asked if they had jalapeños and she said yes. I asked her to bring me a couple of slices. She returned ten minutes later ( after I’d eaten the potatoes I wanted to put them on) with 9 sliced jalapeño peppers. Not nine slices , nine peppers and charged me for them! I would have scored them lower except they do have a gluten free menu if you ask for it and their gluten free bread was actually delicious.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My husband had a steak with grilled mushrooms and onions. I had half a rack of ribs. We both enjoyed our food, but the service was not up to par.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Two colleagues and I went to dinner at Saltgrass and had a very nice dinner. We had the stuffed shrimp jalapenos as an appetizer and Redfish for entrée. The service was good and a nice atmosphere. The prices were reasonable.