“Best Gyros in the area”
Review of Gyros King - CLOSED

Gyros King
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This place is a dive but has really good Gyros (yee-ros) and the owners are nice people. They are really Greek and it shows in the food. I grew up in Chicago where Gyros are a regular menu item at a lot of mom and pop joints. I really miss having so many Gyros options since moving to Texas. This place does a good job. I prefer mine a bit more done and thinly sliced which isn't how they serve them here but with that said the quality of the meat is top notch. The pitas are fresh and tasty. You can add Feta to them which is a common Chicago version.

This place is located in the parking lot of a used car lot, I think it is named Olympia Motors but I could be adjusted on that.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

This is a simple little hole in the wall located down highway 242 from the new Houston Methodist hospital. Originally I believe they were one of the trucks that travel places, but this one actually has a restaurant build around it. The restaurant is small inside, but does have some seating available. It appears to be run by a husband and his wife. There are lovely pictures of Greece on the walls and the TV was set to a Greek station.

My husband and I ordered a gyro and a souvlaki, to go. Having read previous reviews we knew the portions were a good size and so ordered extra pita bread and Tzatziki sauce as had been recommended. We don't usually eat large meals and we had enough for two meals. The food was very good and I look forward to going again.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Excellent greek gyro sandwich and plates at very reasonable prices. The restaurant is not a typical layout, it seems like a food truck on permanent location with an attached patio. The owners could probably invest more to upgrade the facility and attract more customers but possible that it is not their objective.

Very good food, clean place with friendly owners/staff makes for a great secret regarding greek food in this area.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I can't say anything about the place and what it looks like since someone picked up food for me. I had the lamb gyro plate. It came with two potatoes, rice, pita bread, and a salad. It was so much food! Definitely a lot for one person but if you're really hungry you can finish it.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

I had the gyro plate. The gyro meat was super moist, not dry at all. It was a wonderful treat. The rice was delicious spices just right. The potatoes were moist and had a distinct flavor I couldn't identify, but delicious. The whole meal was perfect. The owner/Cook was friendly and his art is all over the walls. A special treat. I definitely recommend you eat here!