“Good Desserts”
Review of Carlo's Bakery

Carlo's Bakery
Ranked #18 of 72 Bakeries in Dallas
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I think the cakes are the best choice there. We tried the chocolate mousse which was excellent. The napoleon and cream puff were soggy. That type of dessert needs to be eaten right away. We ate them after an hour. I'm not sure if it would have been better right out of the case.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

For all the fanfare and drama that surrounded its opening, there really isn't anything about this place that makes you want to go back. The cakes are dry and bland. The staff is not very friendly. There is clearly a reason that its ALWAYS DEAD these days...

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I'd never heard of Carlo's, but my sister had and insisted that we get something. She'd eaten at the original in NYC. Loved the cream puffs and the strawberry and cream cake we brought home was a big hit.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We were driving by, and we could see inside that there was no line, so we decided to give this place a try, and what a disappointment. I thought the quality is not what you would get in a good bakery in NJ, where the bakery originated, and the prices are outrageous for what you get.

We ordered a small mousse cake that was mediocre in quality, and, in my opinion, does not come close to the mousse cake served at the bakery at Central Market. The Napoleon was small and not made with bavarian cream. The chocolate cannoli was good, but ridiculous for $6.95. It did not occur to me to ask if the bakery items were made on the premises, but after eating what we purchased after we had left, I wondered, because everything tasted processed to me, not fresh and authentic. The staff was nice and friendly, but they seem to be servers, and not bakers.

Overpriced and underwhelming. I would not recommend or return.

1  Thank Txtwinmama
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Bought a variety of pastries and sweets totaling $75. Two each of canolis, strawberry shortcake, cheesecake, red velvet cupcakes, and cream puffs. Yes, everything is expensive but we wanted to find out what alp the hoopla was about because we've watched all of Buddy's tv shows. Everything was pretty but tasted average at best. Strawberry shortcake was the best item we had and this was the first time either of us had cheesecake without any crust...only cheesecake filling in a tiny plastic cup with a slice of strawberry in top. Smh. We expected much better, especially considering the cost. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Tracie R

Been to Carlo's Bakery? Share your experiences!