“Great view, front desk / reservations needs coordination.”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #72 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Booked a room for the fireworks celebration on the 3rd of July. 2 adults 2 children. Because of the popularity of the event, we had to book a King with a roll-away.

Arrived and checked in where there was confusion about the roll-away. Iterated that the reservation clerked had personal called the hotel to inquire about the availability and it was confirmed. Matter seemed cleared up.

Room was spacious and well appointed with a perfect overlook of the upcoming fireworks.

We left the room to attend the carnival. Passing through the lobby we noticed the incredibly large ballrooms where there were several events going on.

We returned to the room and found the roll-away not present. We ended up having to call the manager who explained ( once again ) that it wasn't indicated on the reservation. We expressed our dismay and indicated we didn't care if there was a $15 upcharge on the rollaway, we just needed a place for the kids to sleep. To our shock, we were toll this room didn't allow double roll aways - only singles.

Tired and discourage we accepted that and had them bring it up to the room. After the fireworks ( 90 minutes later ) , we had to call AGAIN to the front desk as to where the rollaway was located because it certainly hadn't arrived in our room.

Since we had essentially no idea when the bed would arrive, we ordered a late dinner for everbody.

2 Kobe burgers with cheddar cheese and fries, milk and for the adults a Chipotle past dish and a ship pasta dish, with a bottle of Peligrino.

10 minutes later our bed arrived and 20 minutes after that our food arrived ( on -time )

The food was hot and deliciously, prepared well and presented nicely. The Kobe burger buns were very fresh and tasty as was rolls that came along with the past dishes. The Peligrino was actually a full liter-which was a pleasant surprise considering some hotels only give you the small single serving for that price.

And hour later after we had turned in for the night, the phone rang.

It was room service.

Asking how the meal was.

At Midnight.

Wish the front desk had been that concerned on on-top-of-things

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north can view fireworks on the fourth of July, or planes taking off from the Addis...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear wbwooly,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of you recent visit.

I am extremely sorry to hear about the rollaway issues you experienced and that your request was not noted on your reservation. While the front desk is correct about the three beds (since you appear to have used what looked like a massage table as a bed in addition to the roll away), it is our responsibility to make your visit with us an enjoyable one and I regret that my team did not resolve the issue in a an agreeable and timely manner. I will be speaking with them regarding this review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your dinner but wish we had not called at midnight knowing you had children. This is also something I will be speaking to my team about.

I truly hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

Came for kaboom town celebration. The rooms were ok, a musty smell when first walking in. The hotel tries to be an upper class hotel. Don't care about all of that nonsense. Not very family oriented place but oh well. The biggest problem for us was their parking situation. You have a few choices. Free parking, which there is not much of. Completely full. Next is parking garage, which costs $10. OK right? No, it's $10 each time you leave. Not just for the whole stay. So if you leave 5 times, you now paid $50 for parking. Pretty dumb. There is a grass overflow lot that also costs $10. Then vallet which is $18. Some of the front desk staff are hard to understand because of their accent. No complimentary breakfast. No fridge or microwave. Pool and hot tub was alright. but went in the morning and hot tub was closed for cleaning. Couldn't clean it during the pool and hot tub closed hours? Got bill for $150 at end of stay, which was right but charged $200 on bank account. Called to figure out what is going on, no one working on weekend to help. Stayed at residence Inn in Addison few weeks before. Way Nicer room with fridge, stove, microwave, couch For way cheaper. Wouldn't stay intercontinental again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear billy b,

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

We are the only hotel in the entire area that boasts three distinct parking options for guests with way more than 1,000 spaces so I'm a bit surprised to hear that you found our parking to be an issue. As for the garage parking, it is not $10 every time you exit, it is $10 per day. There are exit tokens available at the front desk which are used when you exit multiple times a day. The grass lot is not intended for hotel guests to park, it is only designated for people who come to the Kaboom Town Event.

In regards to breakfast, we do offer packages that include breakfast but unfortunately that is not what you had booked.

To clarify the hot tub situation, there was an unfortunate incident where a parent had left an unsupervised child in the tub late afternoon who defecated in the water, forcing us to shut the tub down until we could properly drain all of the water and sanitize all of the surfaces. This is regrettably not a task we could perform overnight. I apologize for this inconvenience.

I would like to also state that we are certainly not in the same hotel category as a Residence Inn and are not an extended stay hotel, so if you are looking for a standard room that has a refrigerator & microwave, we would not be the right fit for you. However, for future reference, we do offer refrigerators upon request with just one quick phone call to our front desk and we would have been more than happy to deliver it to your room.

I hope by now you have gotten your bill squared away but if not, please contact me at front.office@ihg.com so that I can make sure we resolve any issues with your bill immediately.

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel surprised me. As it is an older property I didn't expect it to be as well kept. Pleasantly Surprised!!!

the rooms are spacious and CLEAN!!!
Views of Dallas from higher floors are breathtaking!!! Ask for a room facing downtown!!

I didn't take the time to checkout the amenities other than the small nut beautifully decorated room for the reception.

Spring for breakfast with your room!!! It was $20 for everyone in our room (2 for us) and it was well worth it!! not sure where the pastries come from or if a pastry chef is onsite but they were amazing!!! Custom omelette, the works!!

Staff were friendly, professional and very accommodating!!

Only issue was we had two names on the reservation but during checkin they couldn't seem to find but one. Caused confusion and a small delay but they didn't leave us hanging, they worked through it and provided the second checkin key promptly upon resolution!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends

Dear MoMoHick,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the InterContinental® Dallas and for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed overview of your recent visit.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and views and that you found our breakfast to be well worth the additional cost. The pastries are from our pastry chef and he is extremely talented so I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to share this review with the entire team.

I regret that there was a small hiccup when you initially checked in but happy that the front desk team was able to resolve the issue in a timely manner. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Overall nice hotel, front desk staff adequately professional and clean rooms. Accommodations that one would expect at this price therefore it is marked as average. Above average scores are earned and nothing screamed "come back" at this hotel. It is actually located in Addison, TX which is close to Dallas. The coffee ran out at the conference and was left in that manner. The areas around the coffee/beverage were not kept clean nor restocked with lids for the to-go cups. Internet service was slow but for a fee you could up-grade.....really? If you shut down computer it would need to be reset for access to Internet....every time. Breakfast was not part of the hotel stay and even though restaurants are very near by it would still be rather inconvenient. Refrigerators were "locked" in the room but could be unlocked if you requested, again, an inconvenience. Once unlocked, it was not a treasure chest. It contained grossly overpriced items that you would find in a vending machine. After a stay of four days at this hotel, I would definitely seek out different accommodations when I find myself in this area again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear MarWin3,

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit and sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

It it our responsibility to make your stay an enjoyable one and I regret that we failed to do so. Please know that I will be speaking with our catering team regarding this review to determine why the coffee and beverage areas were not re-stocked and cleaned. However, as far as breakfast is concerned, we do offer packages that include it but that is not what you had booked.

You had also made reference to our refrigerator pricing. Please keep in mind that it is not a refrigerator, rather a mini-bar, and I hope you understand that we have done a lot of research and are pricing is comparable to other similar neighboring hotels and definitely do not feel that they are grossly overpriced.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Got a great deal online, was a quality experience, clean and older full service hotel. Definitely above the mid-level hotel market, free wifi, and full service restaurant which means no free breakfast (drawback to many I'm sure). Nice fitness facility, sauna, and free fruit and snacks, nice business center with a host of services. Hotel also has excellent meeting and banquet space.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Dear Horse1988,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you got such a great deal and that you enjoyed our complimentary wifi, business center, workout facility and found our meeting and banquet space to be excellent.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Always at your service,