“Great service, reasonably priced and well located in north Dallas”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #71 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Spent three days at the Intercontinental and enjoyed the hospitality. The hotel is old and the rooms, especially the bathrooms, could use a refresh but the rooms are a good size and reasonably priced. We stayed in 1545 which was a two story unit which is very nice when one person wants to stay up later than the other. Be sure to ask for rooms away from the elevators as the noise will transmit....we were given that room when we first checked in but staff graciously move us to another room!

Room Tip: Away from the elevators
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ICDALLAS1, Director of Sales at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Liz S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and I am happy to hear that you found our service to be great.

Please know that we completed a renovation in 2012 which included our 15th floor speciality bi-level suites, corridors, Club InterContinental and luxurious VIP lounge. We also completed renovating our Lobby Level public space; however, we are continuously in search of opportunities to enhance each and every guest experience. To this end, more updates are currently on the horizon.

If your travels bring you back to Dallas, I hope you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,
Francie Syron
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Traveled here for business. It's not recommended due to the following:
-Thin walls. I could hear entire conversations next door with a guy discussing his retirement plan with his wife.
-Spotty internet. Not good for the business traveler. It kept dropping out.
-Uncomfortable desk. See the picture I posted. Awful ergonomics. The desk is so high compared to the type of non height changing chair. Couldn't work from this desk.
-Dark rooms. Not a lot of lamps and poor lighting because the windows overlook the atrium. No natural sunlight.

Positives are that it's centrally located to restaurants, places of commerce and offices, and the highway.

I won't stay here again when I'm in Dallas.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Salamantino,

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit and I am terribly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

It is our responsibility to provide you with a memorable stay and I regret that we failed to do so. Please know that we are consistently looking for ways to enhance each and every guest experience and will be sure to take your comments into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for the feedback.

Respectfully,
Francie Syron
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference this week. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. During busy times, the elevators were slow. The food was average but one of their rich chocolate cake was tasty!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Jean S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed our chocolate cake. If your travels bring you back to Dallas, I hope you’ll give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2017

It's fine. But the InterContinental should be first-rate. Not "fine".

It's 80's gaudy in the convention areas. Rooms badly need updating. The slimline wall-mount touchtone phone in the bathrooms is no longer impressive - went obsolete at least 10 years ago.

Heaven forbid you are here for a conference and expect the banquet meals to be good. Seriously.

Golden Corral. McDonalds. A big plate of Skip. All better alternatives. I didn't even bother to see lunch. Hopped out to one of the copious great restaurants within a quarter-mile for real food.

I feel like this place might have been great at some point. I feel like they still try with what they have. But I feel like corporate is handcuffing an otherwise great staff with a mediocre, and therefore overpriced, hotel.

Side note - this place was sold out the night before my stay. So I stayed nearby at, well I won't say the name, but it rhymes with Riot Mouse. Newly-remodeled.

I had two separate bed/baths (one with a nice full shower), a living room and full kitchen with oven, stove and full-size fridge. Half of what this room cost for a bed and tub/shower. Towels there were soft as clouds. Here? Coulda been stolen in the middle of the night from a Motel 6. Seriously.

Okay. The barDOES have a nice (overpriced) tequila selection. Location is totally prime if you need North Dallas. But the whole "convenient to Texas Stadium/Six Flags come-on is total bull. As a former DFW resident I tell you that it's hard to get farther away and still have so-called "upscale" digs.

I won't make the mistake again. You've been warned. Good luck.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith M
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Keith M,

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay and I am terribly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

It is our responsibility to provide you with a memorable visit and I regret that we failed to do so. Please know that I will be speaking with your food and beverage department regarding your experience. This is most certainly not the impression we want to leave our guests with and I sincerely apologize.

With great regret,

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a very nice property and appears well-run. Many of the services are 24-hour, which is convenient. The thing that stands out the most about my last stay is the wonderful assistance I received from concierge Antonio Lara. He was patient and helpful with all of my questions, many of which revolved around the craziness of driving in Dallas, with all of its traffic and congestion and construction. I really appreciated the extent to which he went to make sure I could get around safely and with some confidence I wouldn't get lost. It was great personal attention that I would not have received elsewhere. I also like having the shuttle service to nearby businesses and of course, the turn-down service and well-staffed/well-stocked lounge. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ICDALLAS1, General Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Lisa E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear about how helpful Antonio was and I will be sure to share your kind words with him. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Always at your service,