3,085 results
All reviews north tower sports bar the club lounge an executive suite large hotel concierge desk guest services room service conference center arts district business trip draft carrie convention downtown meeting spg
Reviewed 31 March 2018

According to my SPG Rewards, I've stayed here about 25 nights in the last two years. It is connected via sky bridge to several nearby buildings, one of which is my destination, and hence why I continued to choose to stay here. Also, it is generally the cheapest of the hotels in this immediate vicinity, but the rates vary greatly depending upon the time of year and whether there is a hosted convention in their center.

As you would expect, there is a sit down restaurant on the ground floor and there is a typical buffet breakfast, with a made-to-order station which is quite good. Expect to pay typical downtown Dallas prices. However, cross the sky bridge, and there is a food court with a Corner Bakery, McDonalds, etc.

Also onsite is Draft, a rather small bar (for the size of the hotel) with a typical bar menu and TV's with sports, etc. I've eaten dinner and met colleagues here for drinks several times, nothing particularly special, but convenient and fine. Service is very hit or miss.

I'd recommend high floor rooms. Sound insulation isn't great, you're downtown, and the DART goes by the one side of the hotel.

So, I'll be back there this year I'm sure, set your expectations accordingly and see you there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less city noise
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know you enjoyed your stay overall. Your comments, however, let us know there are areas where we could focus attention to improve the experience of our guests. We will evaluate what we can do differently going forward and make the necessary changes. We appreciate you choosing our hotel time and time again hope you will witness some of our improvements firsthand.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The staff above all makes this hotel great. They are thoughtful, caring, and truly make you feel comfortable. The rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfortable. Room service is OK and prompt. The tofu dish at the restaurant is great!

Centrally located which is very nice. Short drive to Deep Ellum for funky bars and nighlife.

Room Tip: ask for a room in north tower
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

First, I should point out that the staff is quite pleasant. However, this is clearly an older hotel which needs a good refresh. Basic services like functioning Wi-Fi, the phone in my room, & the scarcity of usable electric outlets were all disappointments. The person who checked me in was very helpful, and she put me in a nice quiet room on the top floor. While there was plenty of space in the room itself, it was the smallest bathroom that I have used other than staying in a camper. You also need to watch out for being labeled as wanting the “green choice,” even if that’s not what you asked for - so if having your room made up each day is important, double check that. However, if you are attending anything at the downtown convention center, this location and the adjacent Marriott are super convenient.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack B
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Jack B,

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know you enjoyed your stay overall. Your comments, however, let us know there are areas where we could focus attention to improve our guest's experience. We will evaluate what we can do differently going forward to avoid such inconveniences. We also know that our hotel could use an update, and we wanted to let you know that we are in the process of finalizing our renovation plans. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I'm visiting from out of country on company business and happened to leave two awards I'd received the night before on the desk in my hotel room. Came back to two hand written notes from housekeeping congratulating me on my awards and Jennifer G., the housekeeping inspector, had even put together a little bag of snacks together for me as a congrats. Real nice touch. I was already enjoying the hotel and the stay but that was really nice to walk into and discover. Thanks Ladies.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Attended a conference and spent multiple nights in this hotel. Overall it's Ok, but could use some modernization. Rooms are old and outdated, bathroom was clean, but the sink and tub barely drained and water pressure to the tub and shower was really poor. Guess that's what you get on the 32nd floor.
I also found it annoying as a Platinum member to be in a different tower and flower from the Lounge.

So it's ok and I'd stay again, but don't expect much.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Fab F

Dear Fab F,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. We agree that our hotel could use an update, and we wanted to let you know that we are in the process of finalizing our renovation plans. We are excited to show our updated design to our guests, so we hope to welcome you back soon to witness our new look. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!