“Convenient and good value”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Purple Onion Restaurant
Ranked #1,709 of 3,937 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Tried this place for a quick dinner one night when we did not want to walk far from our hotel. Meals are ordered at counter and delivered to table. We tried green salad, bacon cheeseburger, and mushroom cheeseburger. Burgers were fine, on good bread, served with fries. Full bar and wine was fairly priced. Very friendly service, very casual.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I were vacationing in Dallas and wanted to catch a bite to eat within walking distance of our hotel in the downtown area. We walked couple of blocks and found the Purple Onion. My wife ordered a wrap and I ordered a burger. Overall we had good food which hit the spot. However, my burger was a little dry and I could have used some more ketchup. We would return to the Purple Onion, and we recommend to others visiting downtown Dallas.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Sept 7th 2017 - looking for a late breakfast - we tried the Purple Onion. On entering we were greeted by a loud "hello & take a seat" from a bloke who looked like he was the boss taking the orders behind a counter 40 feet from the door. Ordered the bacon, eggs & hash etc which was delivered fairly quickly.

As it was 11.30 the place started to fill up with early lunch eaters so it is popular. Everyone who entered was given the greeting that we received. To everyone who left he shouted "thanks for coming".

Reviewed 9 August 2017

1st timer. No server, 1 person cooked, bartender helped, took order, & served. Long wait to get dinner. Pita plate/Greek Salad-no bell pepper please-tasty! Enjoyed leftovers next day. Didn't realize you order at counter & then dinner is brought out to your table. Think the kitchen was short handed...

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This was my first visit to Purple Onion. I ordered the Gyro Sandwich and sweet tea. The gyro was okay at best. The pita bread was pretty good, but the meat was in large chunks instead of slices like a real gyro. There was almost no tzatziki sauce or veggies which made it pretty dry. There was a lot of meat but the ratio of meat to sauce & veggies was way off. The sweet tea was very good. The service was fast & very friendly. The prices were average.