“Very good tacos, a bit pricey, but I'd go back for dinner...”

Revolver Taco Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Revolver Taco Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #940 of 3,953 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We saw this place on Bizarre Foods and really wanted to try it, so when we finally made it to Dallas, this was my first pick of places to go. First I'll say it was hard to find (our GPS had the wrong side of the street, so we kept driving past it - plus we thought the sign was hard to find). Parking nearby is pretty easy (I think we paid $2). It's very small, with bar stools and community tables. The tacos were very good and extremely fresh - it's definitely the family-run place portrayed on the show, and those little Mexican ladies sure know how to cook! But I will say they were the most expensive tacos we've ever eaten. We ordered the ceviche (which was excellent), five tacos and one drink, and I think we spent $60. We also went into the back and saw the smaller dining room where apparently there are GREAT sit-down dinners - we didn't know about this, and I'm bummed out (I didn't do any research before coming, but clearly should have), because I bet those dinners are fabulous, and I wouldn't have mind paying a premium for that. We also got the honor of finding the father doing his art in that back room carving the handles of the pistols, wow, is he incredibly talented. He doesn't speak English, but he seems like a gentle, charming man who didn't mind us watching him do his art. All in all, I'm not entirely sure I'd go back for tacos, but ONLY because they were pricey, but I would LOVE to go back one time for the sit-down dinner in that back room!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I had the pescado. It looks great, but didn’t wow me. Seemed there was a lot of fish and not enough of the tasty stuff. The simple carne asada taco had the boldest taste of the 2. This is in a cool spot of Deep Ellen next to pecan lodge and other fun places. I’ll definitely come back here to try some others

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I have been here at least 3 times a month since discovering this place. I love the food and the straight to the point menu. Minimal seating here is the only complaint I have heard.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Very unique tacos. Didn't get to try ceviche but would like too. My wife had the "hotdog" and really love it. Waitress was helpful in helping some newbies navigate the menu. Not crazy about the seating with just the one big communal table.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Revolver Taco Lounge. It was just a fluke that I found this place after driving around exploring Deep Ellum and finally parked on their block and walked around a bit. I found Rocket Fizz first (we have one here in Hot Springs) and asked where I should eat lunch. The guy said next door for tacos. This place is low key but really amazing. I'm always in the mood for fish tacos, so that's what I had: Pescado baja style fried wild cod in modelo especial batter, topped with chipolte cream slaw, light pico, pickled red onion, parsley. $5.00 The other one was Rainbow Trout Taco grilled with olive oil, light tinga sauce, lettuce, pickled red onin, jalapeno salsa. $6. 00 On the bar up at the counter, they had 4 jars filled with colorful pickeled veggies: purple cabbage, red onion, jalapenos, and green beans. Each one tasted distinct and different. I esp. liked the red onion w/ rosemary and habanero peppers. All these 'Flavors That 'Punch You In The Face'! Washed down w/ a Tecate. They have this extraordinary Purepecha Room at the back that's fancy food prepared by the chef's mother! $85 per person for 8 courses. 2 seatings a night. Such a great combo place. I would love to have the special meal sometime.