“Wish artichoke season was longer”

Houston's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 3,669 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Food and drinks are always good, as is the service. However, what sets this restaurant apart is their artichokes. Really? An artichoke? Yup. I really ought not be writing this because more people will go and then that means less for me. However, I was taught it is good to share. So, if you like artichokes, and you have not had the pleasure of eating them at Houston's when they are in season, (short season) then you are missing out. If it would not seem selfish, I would order one as an appetizer and then another one as the main course.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Good and reliable chain restaurant. You know what you will get. Good service, good food. Menu has no surprises. We got a good service. The decor is getting old and could get a renovation. Besides that, it is a great choice when in the area.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

There were not a lot of waiters and it took forever to get our food ready than my last visit a long time ago

Thank Highwaycoffeema... G
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We were worried about the wait time as we saw reviews saying a long wait. We got there and only 20 mins. Which was a perfect wait we enjoyed a cocktail on the patio while we waited. The food was nothing short of excellent!! The wait staff was impeccable. Our waiter recommended key lime pie for dessert which we ordered...and was the best key lime pie we have ever had!! I am a trained baker and worked in a bakery for years so that says something!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I haven't been here in a long time, and I'm glad we went this week. This still, even though a bit dark , is a cozy and comfortable early version of Houstons. Very club house in feel, and the same great foods. I can eat here many times without tiring of a meal. The ribs, chicken, club salad, Hawaiian rib eye....all are awesome, have a hard time choosing. Good wine list in choices and price. Just cause its always been there, dont take it for granted. Its like a comfortable paid of shoes.

Been to Houston's Restaurant? Share your experiences!