“Always a treat”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We have had dinner at Pappadeaux's many times and after a several years decided it was time to do it again. I must comment that the noise level was deafening and conversations needed to occur in spurts. It was even difficult to understand the waiter. The Calamari appetizer was very good and the Salmon and Shrimp was a hit. The Mixed Seafood Grill was very tasty and the portion was much too large for me to finish. Everyone one agreed that the food was the hit even though we thought at $24.00 per entree, a bit overpriced.

1  Thank Oldguy1948
Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

This location was very hospitable. The seafood was delicious. I enjoyed my meal. Next time I visit I will come by again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Had dinner with my team from work at Pappadeaux in Dallas. The menu was very wide-ranging, with lots of seafood, as well as pasta and steak. I was just in the mood for fried oysters, and Pappadeaux's does a good job with them. The oysters were lightly breaded and very yummy.

Surprisingly, the restaurant was not very crowded, but I think it was just being there on an off night, because everybody we dealt with was on top of their game. Our server was very pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Should have gone a little hungrier - the crab cakes were the best I've ever had. They came with avacado slices, and the pairing was delicious! Left me a little full for the fondeaux and the scallop pasta. All was very good, and our server was great.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This restaurant is on my list of restaurants to visit while in the Dallas area. Many years since my last visit. I started with the blue point oyster and shrimp appetizer. Next the Redfish Ponchartrain dinner with dirty rice. The redfish is smothered with grilled shrimp and crab meat sauce. Also a fresh and a spicy cheese dip for the bread. Finally a nice key lime pie with grahman cracker crust.
My waiter Melvin was excellent and very professional.

Been to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Share your experiences!