All reviews knife restaurant exhale spa mockingbird station highland park visiting smu great hotel room service katy trail bush library northpark mall valet parking infinity pool boutique hotel corner room park cities would stay here again car service
Reviewed 17 July 2018

celebrating 50th birthday of friend - spent two nights and loved our experience. comfortable, great location, beautiful hotel with excellent staff. loved the free shuttle within 4 mile radius. pool was great size.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Jared W, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for choosing the Highland for your girl's weekend trip. We are glad to read that you found our rooms to be comfortable and the location of the property to be convenient.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

From the Hardy Welcome to the Hope to see you again soon this Beautiful Hotel was the right choice for our Dallas staycation. We had activities in downtown all weekend. The room, valet, staff, outdoor patio, pool and of course the KNIFE restaurant were second to none. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jared W, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear MR,

We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent visit. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had an opportunity to try our outstanding restaurant Knife and would definitely agree that is the best steakhouse in the city. The valet team thanks you for the compliments on the service they provided and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Please consider the Highland as your new home in Dallas.

Thanks,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a weekend get away and couldn't speak more highly about the property and the people who work there. Valet was a breeze and check in was very quick. We were allowed to check in to our room early which had a great view of the SMU campus and made for a great morning run. Location was perfect being right off the main highway leading to Uptown and Downtown, but right across the street from Mockingbird Station which has lots of great shops and restaurants.

They were having a large event there one night where what seemed like 40 cars showed up for Valet at the same time and the line was very long. Even with the long line, we were able to drop off our car quickly and get to our room, I can't believe we made it through as quickly as we did, great valet staff.

The restaurant on site was recently named one of the best steak houses in Dallas and did not disappoint. The Bacon Sampler Appetizer is a must for bacon lovers, but the Steak is out of this world.

Check out was as easy as check in, and you just drop your key off at a small desk on the way out and they check you out on the spot. Everything ran extremely efficient for having so many people coming in and out.

Overall, i couldn't say more good things about our experience there and we will be staying at the hotel again soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jared W, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Tlow85,

Thank you for being our guest. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate your incredible experience on TripAdvisor. I have passed on your kudos the rest of the team who are equally excited to have earned your praise.

We hope you will return to the Highland soon! I hope to personally have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

At first sight, the Hotel is beautiful. The entrance to the hotel - tricky maneuver. The Room was average with cleanliness issues. The Desk had challenges processing our credit card - inexperience personnel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Dear HaloCurtis,

Thank you for choosing the Highland. I apologize that your credit card would not process upon arrival and for the issues you experienced regarding the room.

Please contact me directly at your earliest convince so we may further discuss the details of your stay. I hope you will reconsider staying with us on future Dallas trips and would love the opportunity to earn your repeat business.

2145207969

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This hotel is nothing more than an overpriced Hampton Inn (I am a Gold HHonors since 2005). Hotel lobby is nice, but that is all what is nice about it. Service was also good, but I get that in every hotel I stay. Here are the issues – breakfast in room service was very bad ($12 for a breakfast sandwich – same menu in the restaurant) with fast food quality hamburger bun, frozen (cheap) bacon and liquid egg!?!? I get then same quality food at free hotel breakfast – even better at Embassy Suits. Phone did not work in the room. Hotel is right next to 75 highway so it is very loud – most all room face the highway. Room was remodeled but only cosmetic – they used few nice design features to cover up how old hotel is actually is. All other Curio brands made sure that everything was done right. Here doors, cabinets, even tile in the bathroom are very old. This hotel is NOT in downtown (solid 10 min highway driving) but they charge $28 dollars for valet with no other options for parking… The room was $200/night and I would be fine for paying that if the quality of food, rooms and location were above average. But paying Cadillac prices for Chevy level is simply foolish. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the freeway
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dmitry S,

We appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and can assure you that this is not a typical experience at our property.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss how we can potentially earn your repeat business.

214-520-7969