“Birthday lunch”

Cretia's
Ranked #22 of 74 Bakeries in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice cozy atmosphere with tunes of Michael Bible and various other artists lazily adding to the ambience. There is some construction right now and it makes parking a challenge.

Open to the outdoors so that is always a plus for me. I ordered the trio plate. It was spinach salad, chicken salad and fruit. Your basic plate as I was having Hawaiian Mimosas and saving room for dessert.

My friend had a delightful, over the top Parmesan cauliflower quiche. It was fluffy and tall and moist and well, I stopped at stealing two bites. They normally rotate their daily quiche but calling in ahead he said he would make it.

I had my go to cheesecake. It was good. Flavorful with caramel, chocolate and pecans.
My friend had an Italian cream - it was Delicious.

A place I will save on my Maps. Perfect for a long lunch and an experience I wouldn’t want to rush. Full bar.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Love to go to cretias... good parking, good location at the bishop arts district and most importantly has the best pound cake in town... and the portions are really generous! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

To be fair, I did not try any of the desserts which I understand are what make this place work. I had the smothered chicken.... it was super salty. The biscuit was dry and the chicken had zero flavor without all the overly flavored sauce. The mashed potatoes seemed to be from a box. My mom had the salmon... it tasted much better. I expected much more for almost $20 a person, not including a drink or dessert.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We came to Cretia's for Saturday brunch. We had the broccoli quiche which came with a choice of salads and smothered chicken. Both were excellent and the portions were large. The only downside was that we didn't have room for one of the desserts that are famous here. It's a greatplace to eat!

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I have been ordering birthday cakes here for at least 10 years. The white sour cream is so moist and yummy.
Also get the Italian creme cookies when you are there if you like coconut.

Been to Cretia's? Share your experiences!