“Tastes so Good ”
Review of Michaels Kitchen - CLOSED

Michaels Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Description: Good Small Town Local Restaurant.
Description: Good Small Town Local Restaurant.
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I skipped work one and day and came to sit down and enjoy a nice breakfast. We just wanted to relax. This place was just that. Small spot with the smell of coffee circulating the space. Waitress' have been working there a long time and food was delicious. It definitely has a diner vibe and they serve all the classic breakfast options.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

Something new that is not too far away! Although the previous restaurant featured Mediterranean cuisine as well, this one stands apart. I ordered the Chicken Shwarma Platter. The meal was very substantial and filling. I enjoyed the spices used on the rice and chicken, and the chicken was very tender. Something new for my small Texas town taste buds! I was craving a foreign taste and I got it! Our server was extremely polite and hospitable. The hours are very convenient for us, I hope they continue to stay open until 12 AM--we are late night eaters. We will be back again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've driven by this place for over 3 years. It's adjacent to a motel, so I always assumed they attracted most of their business from there since no one I know had eaten there. Well, it was about time to make that happen. I went to Micheal's Kitchen because they tout themselves as Greek & American Food. I enjoy Mediterranean food, so off I go for lunch.

Yes, there is a bird or bird(s) in a cage as you enter and you can hear the banter as you eat (a little different). At noon I saw some people eating breakfast, which is good to know because many people inlcuding myself enjoy "breakfast served all day." The overall atmosphere--tables, chairs, eating counter, decor, etc., was not overwhelming or impressive. Serving staff was friendly enough. I went with one of the samplers which included a tossed lettuce salad, feta, black olives, tomatoes, onions and a pretty good balsamic vinegarette with a gyro sandwich and a side of hummus.

The salad was fresh and dressing tasty. The gyro and accompanying yogurt sauce was also solid. The hummus, for some reason, had a spicy red either sauce or powder on top of it which took over the flavor and made what appeared to be decent hummus come off less than I had hoped. They do not serve pita bread separately for dipping in the hummus (not sure how you would eat it otherwise), so I asked for some and I got a nice little serving of pita but it did show up as a 0.50 charge on my final bill.

I may give this place another shot. Prices might be a touch high. For lunch, the Greek sampler ($7.99) and Diet Coke, plus my extra pita was $11.47 plus tip.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

It was convenient to just walk over there from the La Quinta where I was staying, the place was clean enough, and the service was very friendly and attentive. I ate dinner there and the food was mediocre, at best. I had chicken strips, mashed potatoes and green beans. The green beans were very salty, the potatoes were instant (there really is a difference between the real and instant), and the chicken strips were the processed, frozen kind. There is also a caged bird in the lobby area as you walk in and it is entertaining at first, but after awhile the squawking can get on your last nerve. I also question the appropriateness of having a bird in a dining establishment, even if it is in the lobby. I'm not sure the health department would think that was acceptable. I think the decor could use some updating, as well.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Clean with good food and attentive service. I tried a Greek sampler plate and it was all very good - hot foods hot, and fresh pita bread. I also took some cake to go, and it was also very good. The location can't be beat if you are staying at the adjacent La Quinta. A little expensive, but worth the convenience.