“Perfect Way to End a Week”
Review of Green Zatar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Green Zatar
Ranked #69 of 411 Restaurants in Denton
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I recently was asked to say what my "last meal" would be, and I found myself saying I would want the Veggie Moussaka at Denton's Green Zatar. This is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere--they make everyone feel like Norm from Cheers--they greet you when you walk in like you are family and they treat you like that until you are comforted and nourished by their delicious food and ready to walk out their door. We are lucky to have such a wonderful family-owned restaurant in our little town. If I could I would go there several times every week.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Green Zatar is excellent every time we do take-out, cater for large groups, or eat-in. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Denton, and is indicative of Denton's restaurant scene. They have the best hummus I have ever had, and I love the saffron rice, falafel, side salads, chicken dishes, and my husband loves the gyros. I highly, highly recommend it. I have also catered many times for large work functions, and again, it is top-notch. Service is great as well. We had takeout yesterday, and once again, it was great.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

You dine at 1 though 79.
I'll go here. Outstanding!
Fresh and homemade, handmade.
Owner/cook circulates to be sure customers are happy.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Do yourself a favor. Visit this restaurant. Order anything. I’ve been coming here for ten years and it is always delicious, clean, and fresh. Order falafel, hummus, lamb, chicken, saffron rice... You just can’t go wrong. An underrated Denton institution.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Love the service and music. Nice calm friendly atmosphere. Amazing Hummus. Chicken Biryani is yummy. Portions seem a tad small for the price but the overall experience is very good.

Been to Green Zatar? Share your experiences!