“Incredible Chicken Saltimbocca ”

Hannah's off the Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Hannah's off the Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 430 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust
Transit: DCTA stops directly in front of Hannah's Off the Square.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing Chicken Saltimbocca!!! Service was very good and ambiance was lovely. A recommended fine dining experience in Denton.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Our group ordered tomato basil soup, quiche, a chicken sandwich, and an entree salad. The quiche was beautiful (all the items were beautifully presented) but not very flavorful. Everything else, however, was quite good. Service was excellent and the restaurant has a nice ambiance. Definitely worth another visit!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Hannah's is our go to for quiet business lunches or dinners and special occasion dining. The food is wonderful, and well presented. Don't go to Hannah's if you want a quick in and out dining experience. Quality takes time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

First visit of many to come to this quaint local gem. Loved the bread plate for fresh made goodies and the sundried tomato and Parmesan scone... oh my yum!!! My friend had the quiche and loved it. I had the Mulberry St Breakfast ... so good. Nice to have the parking lot and close enough to the square to walk off a few of those calories.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Okay, maybe I'm spoiled by the number of excellent restaurants here in Dallas, Plano and Frisco but a poor dining experience ruins an evening and leaves a "bad taste" in your mouth to try a new place. Unfortunately, a poor dining experience is exactly what my fiancé and I experienced at Hannah's off the Square. We made reservations earlier in the week on Open Tables and showed up at 6:25 pm for a 6:30 pm reservation on Saturday night. We were immediately put off when the hostess seated us next to a large table for twenty plus (currently empty). We asked to be seated in the next room for a more romantic table for two (and away from the anticipated rowdy crowd that later showed up). Okay, dodged the bullet on that.
Hannah's is located in an old blacksmith shop so has very cool architecture and ambience which we were starting to enjoy when the next problem appeared in the form of a very inexperienced waiter (who we will call "T" which is the first initial of his name). Having admitted he knew nothing about wine and that he does not drink it, he "recommend" a $200 bottle of wine unknown to us. They were out of the Frank Family cabernet we wanted. So we went with an unknown bottle of $100 cabernet "recommended" by the bar tender per Mr. T. The cabernet was awful but we tried to "forge on" (blacksmith shop word play there) to make the best of the night. Finance and I ordered salads, fish dishes (trout for me, salmon for her) and a side of mushrooms. Salads were great. Fish dishes come out and no mushrooms. We pointed out the lack of mushrooms "which were coming right up" but were not to appear until I was finished with my fish. It was clear the side order was never put in with the original order (note to Mr. T, use a pencil and pad to take future orders, your memory does not work). Not wanting mushrooms for dessert, we asked that they be taken back. The manager came over later and apologized and offered to "take the mushrooms off the bill" which we said would be nice since we did not eat them. Mr. T never apologized and acted like no big deal. Between the bad wine and the poor service, we were ready to leave so no thanks to dessert or coffee. I later left him a tip (out of sympathy which I should not have).
Note to Hannahs: if you want to portray yourself as a fine dining restaurant, make sure (1) you have good wine in stock and (2) when a mistake is made, an offer of complimentary dessert and coffee goes a long way to smooth over mistake. Also, (3) make sure your waiters are experienced.

Date of visit: August 2018