Layalina Mediterranean Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #94 of 413 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Can't go wrong with this place I have tried just about everything here and I'm yet to be disappointed. If I had to give an input on what to get for first time visitors it would definitely be the shawarma chicken. They literally make their shawarma on the long skewer machine which brings a whole new meaning to chicken shawarma. I'm used to chicken cut up and put on the grill but layalina actually shreds it down to get put into your pita right away.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

The owners don't train the new people like you're supposed to, and they have a night server that I don't appreciate, after she was rude to my girl. Food is good besides the wait. I don't recommend if you're looking for good service, servers, and you have to have patients. lol

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times and I just love how their food has so much flavor. I love how authentic it is. just love the staff and the owners. Daily specials are off the chain I will always be coming back here and bringing my friends and family to visit this place.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

I agree that the food is fantastic and flavors very genuine, however, the service is EXTREMELY slow. The owners seem to have their tweens working tables and the tweens have no idea how to serve, take orders, keep a table of 4 order straight, etc. Also, ordered the "soup of the day" for $1.50. When the bill came (1hr 45mins later) the soup was charged at $2.99. When we questioned the tween, she said "well, the menu is going to be changing and we don't have soup of the day any more". We said that the menu listing needed to be honored; she said the 'owner' said nothing could be done about it. So, all in all, good food, but the service is third rate if that, and the 'owners' don't seem to know anything about running a restaurant - from wait time, wait staff to honoring their printed menu prices.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Really good vegetarian options here. I had the Layalina Special sandwich and fried cauliflower. The portions were good and there were plenty of options under $6.00. It is a relaxed atmosphere and easy access from I 35E.