“Excellent Thai”
Review of Khao San

Khao San
Ranked #74 of 411 Restaurants in Denton
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My daughter and I are longstanding Thai food addicts. She frequents multiple local Thai restaurants because each tends to have one dish that stands out as compared to the others. I am not so picky. Just give me Thai! (I live in a small town with no Thai restaurants.) This restaurant was very good. Located in a small, newer strip center in Denton. Restaurant was more modern than most, and tastefully decorated. Bright and clean. Good utilization of seating space for a small restaurant . Menu diverse. Prices were reasonable. Service was good. Food was very well presented. Picturesque. All items ordered were very tasty. The server asks you for your preferred spice level. Medium was just right for me and I can handle heat. My daughter's one dish that she likes best here as compared to the other local Thai restaurants is the Khao Soi.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Between dine in and take out, I've been to Khao San at least a dozen times. The food here is very consistent and very good. The main investor in this restaurant is a guy who owns Royal Thai Restaurant in Dallas which is rated by Zagat as the number 1 Thai restaurant in that city. I've tried many items on the Khao San menu including the fresh rolls with peanut sauce, won ton soup, thai corn patties, pad thai, swimming angel with coconut milk sauce, and the ginger stir fry. With the entrees such as swimming angel, ginger stir fry, and pad thai, you can pick your protein including beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, and tofu. I've recommended this restaurant to some people over the last year and I've also taken my mom and sister there. They both loved Khao San. The only drawback is that continued construction on hwy 380 makes getting there a bit tough. Hopefully, the state will finish the road soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I had lunch at this place. The service is prompt and friendly. The appetizer (fresh rolls) was very tasty. We had curry as our main dish. I had musamun curry and my daughter had the yellow curry. Both were very nice. I would recommend this restaurant very highly.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We eat here once every two weeks. The food is always fresh. Love the salmon dishes. Pad won seen is a favorite, too. Atmosphere is good and you can see the chiefs at work in the kitchen. Very helpful wait staff.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to try it out and was not dissapointed at all. The pineapple curry was wonderful and the service was excellent. Will definitely return