“Superb sushi in comfortable setting”
Review of Keiichi

Keiichi
Ranked #17 of 416 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2017

This restaurant is so popular, one has to make reservations far in advance, which we did. It is a relatively small but well-appointed restaurant and sushi bar. The owner/chef is a master sushi chef, and the quality and presentation are top-notch. All four of us had an excellent time. Just beware it is an expensive restaurant. My wife and I eat sushi frequently, and try different places at home and when we travel. This place is excellent. I'm just not sure it is worth the extra money. Having, said that, it was certainly worth a one-time visit, and I would recommend it for a special occasion.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

"World Class" food served right here in Denton. Best Blue Fin Tune ever by Chef Keiichi. By reservation only, small, intimate setting...Be sure to ask the chef for his recommendation. I've heard of folks flying in from surrounding states to eat here...

Reviewed 8 March 2017

First but not last time to visit Keiichi. Everything was perfect, from the sashimi appetizer to the rolls to the Japanese style spare ribs. All cut perfectly, tender enough to melt in your mouth. There's a surprising amount of sushi places in Denton County but I may never go back to any of them as none can measure up. Small with 3 distinct rooms with 4 seats at the bar, 6 in a private room, and 10 at the sushi counter. As others have noted it's pricey but it's worth it. Even if you don't like sushi the Italian and meat choices were too plentiful for one visit. Only downside was they were out of the green tea creme brulee when we finished. We'll be back.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I'm a big foodie. I own several national food and wine events and manage several chefs. I had wanted to eat here for ages but am always traveling. I took a wild chance and called to see if there was a cancellation or if I could squeeze in. The host answering the phone told me I actually could come there and that they would accomodate us. I asked twice because I was shocked but excited to experience this iconic place. We walked into the door and went to the bar. The hostess literally walked up and before saying hello or asking anything she said "we have no space and are full. No more reservations tonight. I said, "I'm sorry but your host told me to come ASAP tonight and they would have a table." She then got even more attitude and said "no one spoke to anyone on the phone tonight". I showed her my phone calls with their number and time on the phone. She refused to stop and see properly and disappeared in the back. She then returned to tell me again there was no space and that no one had spoken to me. I have to say,I cannot recall another server or host being as rude and hostile. I am well aware this place is though to get into. I am not an idiot and don't appreciate being treated like a liar or an ignorant patron. It was obvious no one cares. We had driven there, cancelled another reservation and all but were ushered out of the place. Needless to say, without being rude, I travel the world, I eat the food of a lot of gifted and kind chefs. I won't be going to this place again and while I'm sure it's decent, it's not Hiro in Japan or Nobu or Nozawa in LA. I was taught that all patrons should be treated with respect. I wasn't upset about the mix up, I was upset about the utter disrespect of our time, business, their hosts obvious mistake and them not being polite enough to offer another night, apologize for confusion and just act like they cared. Anyway - no Keiichi for me. Ever. No one's place is worth raising my blood pressure. I wish them well and hope they don't treat most diners the horrible way they treated us.

15  Thank claireparr
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

This guy knows sushi and how to do it right!
Only problem is once you've had his sushi you'll never like other sushi the same. This is the only place I trust eating raw fish..

1  Thank Erik S

Been to Keiichi? Share your experiences!