“The ramen is top notch”
Review of Wild Sushi

Wild Sushi
Ranked #307 of 1,622 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 18 May 2017

My husband and I tried this place because I was really craving some asian noodles. We ordered the edamame for an appetizer along with a half roll of the Dancing Eel. The edamame was as expected, and the sushi roll was delicious! Whatever sauce they put on the plate was so delicious, I had to resist the urge to lick the plate.
For our entrees we ordered the Spicy Miso Ramen with pork belly and the Japanese curry with chicken. The ramen is delicious, spicy but not so hot it makes you sweat and the pork belly was to die for, it literally melted in your mouth it was so tender. Also, the bowl was huge! I only ate half, and took the rest home for lunch for another day. The Japanese curry is listed as being sweet and not spicy, but that was not the case AT ALL. My husband and I love Thai food, and love curries, but this was so hot my husband couldn't finish it, which pretty much never happens. I can down some spicy food, but even I would have had a hard time finishing it. I don't know what happened in the kitchen with that one, but dang y'all, take the spice down a bit. The chicken was tender and delicious.
The only thing keeping this from 5 stars is the service. As others have stated, the waiters do not know the menu, they cannot answer simple questions about the dishes, and they don't come by to check on how you are doing. Example: my husband asked what vegetables came in the curry, the waiter had to go ask the kitchen, came back and said none, it was just chicken, sauce, and rice. Thankfully the person next to us was eating the curry and informed us it actually had potatoes and carrots in it. When the dish came out, voila! Potatoes and carrots were in the curry. Wild really needs to step up their service game, but we will be back regardless. Less good service means less out of my pocket for a tip, so they are really only hurting themselves.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

we went in on a Tuesday lunch , the server does not now how to answer any of our general questions. finally we order the food , the chef came out and prepared inside the counter , which was ok ,after the food was delivered to us ( which was good)the waiter never came back to us till we finished the food ,I would rate the food was an A but the server need to learn to social skill and more attentive to the customer needs.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Small shopping center location adjacent to food store. Surprisingly good food and pleasant atmosphere. The wait staff are very attentive. The Spicy Tan Tan Ramen is the best ramen dish I have had in the area. Made with ground pork and stir fried vegetables and ramen noodles in a perfectly spiced sauce. Prices are reasonable and typical of Asian restaurants in the local strip centers.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

This place serves a lot of traditional Japanese cuisine plus some new twists in sushi rolls. They also offer half rolls so that if you don't want to eat a full roll by yourself you can get 3 or 4 pieces to try! They also serve yummy ramen for the anti-sushi eaters that is decently priced and will full you up. Only have 4 stars only because our service was a little sub par but could easily be explained by our dining there so close to closing. I highly recommend trying this place!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Don't let the location fool you. This strip mall sushi place is really good with reasonable prices.

I had the spider roll and the the firecracker roll. The soft shell crab was perfectly fried and the firecracker had just enough heat without being overly hot.

The apple miso dressing on the house salad was a surprise. A nice diversion from the typical ginger dressing and frankly, better tasting in my opinion.

The place is nothing fancy, but it was clean, service was very good and the food shined.