“Sushi on a Roll - Rindge Leaphart”
Review of Tokyo Cafe

Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camp Bowie & Merrick
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Had dinner at the Tokyo Cafe, several days ago. Food was fantastic. I'm not a sushi expert, but I could not find (not that I was looking) any issues. Stir fried edamame was quite tasty and recommended. Also, make sure to try the brown rice tea. Quite a unique taste. Service was efficient and the server was quite pleasant. I look forward to going back for dinner again.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

As the title implies, Tokyo Café has been raised from the dead. Some two years ago, the place burned, and fans of the place have wondered if and when it would be reopened. That is the good news. The bad news is fans have been waiting for it to reopen. Accordingly, wait times can occasionally be problematic. On the other hand, it seems the food is still worth the wait.

Our visit was a Saturday afternoon less than two weeks after it reopened. We intentionally arrived while TCU was still playing, and there was no wait. By the time we left the game was over and the wait was likely thirty plus minutes.

Our orders were simple and good. We started with the Tok fries, which are fat french fries served with spicy mayo and dried spices to compliment the mayo. On this visit they were as good as I remembered. The rest of our order consisted of the Spicy Beef Bowl and a Crunchy Roll. Both were excellent.

For returning customers, some of the former staff is back, just the decor has changed.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

My Mom and I visited this newly renovated restaurant and sushi bar.
You must try and sit at sushi bar. Ethan was wonderful. A long time employee who seems to love working there.
We started with Edamame and Shrimp Tempura, both great.
After watching Ethan make all these rolls, we had a churchy roll which was 10 pieces of tasty sushi.
I then ordered a beef bowl and we shared it. Very good with scallops and not too spicy.
Other than the hostess being a little confused and them taking extra time to clear tables, we still were seated in 20 minutes on a Saturday night.
David was our waiter and although being swamped, he did a great job.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Saw the sign while driving down Camp Bowie, turned around and went in for a nice lunch and that was a good choice. Look forward to coming back.

1  Thank larryl49203
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I love this place, it is definitely the best sushi we have ever had, we go like once a month and order tons of different sushi! Every kind we get we have loved, the appetizers are excellent as well, we have had the tok fries, and tuna tower, very satisfying. The waiters are very attentive even when busy.