“Lunch visit”

Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #37 of 1,791 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que is located in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards, just a stone’s throw from Billy Bob’s Texas, the world’s largest Honky Tonk. Cooper’s is honored to be known as the Best of the Best in the barbecue business, and we are home of the original world-famous “Big Chop.” Sink your teeth into a plate of beef ribs, brisket or sausage, or opt for our chicken, turkey or pork loin. Our famous Big Chop is the best you’ll ever taste, and our mesquite coals, giant pits and array of mouthwatering meats are sure to satisfy any barbecue craving.
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I ate here one lunch time whilst visiting the stock yards and had a vest tasty lunch. I decided to eat here as I felt that it would be less touristy and wasn’t disappointed

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Old school bbq joint here. Walk in right to the pits and pick your meats. No plates, served on a piece of butcher paper. We had beef ribs, sausage, chops, corn on the cob. Then in to the sides line and they have every side imaginable and deserts. Free pot of beans and jalapeños on the tables. Everything was excellent. On my top 5 bbq spots. Will be back soon. And priced right.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We decided to drop by for some good ole BBQ. When you walk in the doors you are immediately greeted with a large grill full of all the different meats. So take your pick, be careful not to let your eyes fool you stomach ... the portions are large! Once you get your meats you go through a cafe style line picking all your side. Lots to choose from. I tried the brisket and the beef ribs. The meat was super tender and slid right off the bone. The meats were delicious. We tried the mac and cheese and potato salad - both of which were average.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent. Stopped with friends for lunch on a Friday afternoon. Atmosphere was perfect for a bbq. Brisket was amazing as well as the beans and corn bread. Will definitely stop in again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I highly recommend Cooper's. The meat is cooking on a huge inside barbeque as you walk in, along with baked potatoes and corn on the cobb. The delightful smells tease your taste buds as you walk from the "downtown" stockyards across the stores parking areas, and view Cooper's sitting on a rise. I think most people drive there but we came from Fort Worth on the muni bus ($2,00 for the whole day). Walking was fun and interesting, more exploring of the area available. We took pictures with the local cowboy statues and signs. My brother paid $5.00 to sit on a long-long-long horn bull that was tethered and had a keeper that was dressed like a Dallas Cowboys' cheerleader and looked like one, too, and he liked both. Now about the food at Cooper's, melt in your mouth. I had the beef brisket, a huge piece, corn on the cobb, and a baked potato. For dessert I had blackberry cobbler with ice cream. The cook on the barbeque asked how much meat I wanted and I had a medium size. My brother had a large size and it was biggggg. The seating was long wooden tables that could accomodate probably ten people, seating yourselves. This is exactly the country style you are looking for in Texas. Oh, the bull was not at Cooper's, it was on the street in the Stockyards' shopping areas. Check times for the scheduled running of the cattle on the streets in the Stockyards shopping area. There are also Rodeos there. Fun, Fun, Fun.