“Good lunch”

Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #20 of 1,633 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que is located in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards, just a stone’s throw from Billy Bob’s Texas, the world’s largest Honky Tonk. Cooper’s is honored to be known as the Best of the Best in the barbecue business, and we are home of the original world-famous “Big Chop.” Sink your teeth into a plate of beef ribs, brisket or sausage, or opt for our chicken, turkey or pork loin. Our famous Big Chop is the best you’ll ever taste, and our mesquite coals, giant pits and array of mouthwatering meats are sure to satisfy any barbecue craving.
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped in after walking around the Stockyards and had the turkey and brisket, beans, pecan cobbler. All very good.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Pork or Beef ribs are offered by the pound. My husband & I both agreed we liked the pork ribs the best. I must mention I was a little surprised that everything you eat is ala carte & pricey. The quality of the meat is excellent & we loved the rub. Neither of us cared for vinegar based runny bar-b-que sauce but we got it on the side. The corn bread was very dry & bland.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I ate here one lunch time whilst visiting the stock yards and had a vest tasty lunch. I decided to eat here as I felt that it would be less touristy and wasn’t disappointed

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Old school bbq joint here. Walk in right to the pits and pick your meats. No plates, served on a piece of butcher paper. We had beef ribs, sausage, chops, corn on the cob. Then in to the sides line and they have every side imaginable and deserts. Free pot of beans and jalapeños on the tables. Everything was excellent. On my top 5 bbq spots. Will be back soon. And priced right.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We decided to drop by for some good ole BBQ. When you walk in the doors you are immediately greeted with a large grill full of all the different meats. So take your pick, be careful not to let your eyes fool you stomach ... the portions are large! Once you get your meats you go through a cafe style line picking all your side. Lots to choose from. I tried the brisket and the beef ribs. The meat was super tender and slid right off the bone. The meats were delicious. We tried the mac and cheese and potato salad - both of which were average.