“Great Food and Atmosphere”

Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #43 of 1,744 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que is located in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards, just a stone’s throw from Billy Bob’s Texas, the world’s largest Honky Tonk. Cooper’s is honored to be known as the Best of the Best in the barbecue business, and we are home of the original world-famous “Big Chop.” Sink your teeth into a plate of beef ribs, brisket or sausage, or opt for our chicken, turkey or pork loin. Our famous Big Chop is the best you’ll ever taste, and our mesquite coals, giant pits and array of mouthwatering meats are sure to satisfy any barbecue craving.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We recently checked this place out. The food was great. And the baked beans are complimentary which we did not realize until after we ordered our sides. When you order, be sure to be clear on how much you want. We ordered a quarter-pound of sausage and ended up with a half-pound. The prices are reasonable. The place was super clean. The staff was friendly. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We had to survive terrible traffic and I was tired when we got there. The friendly service revived me a bit. The selection of meats was enticing. And when we sat down to eat, I think I went to heaven. Skip the sauce. They have perfected the dry rub, the temperature, the spices for each kind of meat they do. The ribs are the best, but the sirloin, the brisket, the chicken, the pork loin and the sausage are perfect, each one. The mild sausage has enough spice to it that it's great, the only thing we did not move on to is the jalapeno sausage. The mac n cheese is great, cheesy and not runny. The cobblers are fantastic, but get an ice cream cup to put on it.
The long tables give plenty of room, until the place is full (huge) and then you make good friends. Down home, but one of the best meals in existence.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped in after walking around the Stockyards and had the turkey and brisket, beans, pecan cobbler. All very good.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Pork or Beef ribs are offered by the pound. My husband & I both agreed we liked the pork ribs the best. I must mention I was a little surprised that everything you eat is ala carte & pricey. The quality of the meat is excellent & we loved the rub. Neither of us cared for vinegar based runny bar-b-que sauce but we got it on the side. The corn bread was very dry & bland.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I ate here one lunch time whilst visiting the stock yards and had a vest tasty lunch. I decided to eat here as I felt that it would be less touristy and wasn’t disappointed