“Consistently BAD service/issues at lunch”

Mambo's Tapas Cantina
Ranked #990 of 1,631 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Please go somewhere else if you're interested in eating good food without having a bad experience.

I work near the restaurant and for some unknown reason, people from my office like to come for birthday lunches (usually 5-10 people, so not an overly large group) despite the repeated inability of the restaurant to have an issue-free lunch and the average quality food.

The problem usually relates to at least one person at the table not getting their order because the server forgot to put it in. However, yesterday the list of problems included: (1) hair in food; (2) being out of ground beef; (3) being out of normal cups and having to use cheap tiny plastic cups even though the restaurant wasn't even busy; (4) luke-warm food that bordered on being cold; (5) orders being brought out wrong; and (6) a server refusing to assist on the hair in the food issue when we couldn't find our server (even though the other server wasn't carrying anything, she walked past the table even though we made eye contact and I communicated that I needed her help, didn't apologize, angrily said she'd find out server, and refused to take the nasty plate away).

While they did give a free meal on the hair in the food plate, yesterday was really the last straw. I don't plan on going here anymore even if people from work want to go.

1  Thank Newlywed952010

Reviewed 8 April 2015

A night club venue. No cover, drinks were reasonable and the bands were very good. I did not order food but It was being served tapa's style. Older crowd with blues bands. The service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I absolutely love the chicken nachos here, best i have ever had. Each piece comes with a nice piece of fajita chicken meat. The music and bands can be hit or miss, but I come for the nachos!

2  Thank William C
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The staff needs to definitely have a good, solid idea of what is actually in the dishes. Our server wasn't able to tell us if our corn tortillas were really corn and not flour. We requested corn because of gluten issues. She was pretty clueless and couldn't give us a straight answer. We ended up with reactions that night. Not fun.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were in town for a convention and staying in the hotel. I had printed off a couple Restaurant.com coupons for Mambo's and we used one for lunch.

Chips and salsa were tasty. My combo Fajitas well seasoned and filling. My roommate's Enchiladas looked quite good. Several others from our convention ate here during our stay. We had planned on eating there again, but the restaurant didn't do lunch on the weekends.