“Real Texas BBQ”

Price range: US$10 - US$12
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The chop plate and pulled pork plate are truly authentic Texas style BBQ. Try the ribs as well. Talk of the bone.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Angelo's was recommended to us by the concierge at our VRBO. This was the first BBQ restaurant we visited in Fort Worth during our stay and I can't believe that there is anything better. The restaurant just shouts "Texas BBQ" from the moment you enter and smell the aroma until the time you leave. And when you leave you are so satisfied with the fantastic meal and the reasonable prices that you make a vow to return as soon as possible. My wife and I shared a plate of brisket and ribs with sides of mac and cheese, beans and coleslaw...three beers and the bill was less than $30. The service was over the top friendly and quick. The entire menu looked great and as we watched guests walk past us with plates piled high with brisket, ribs, etc and huge smiles on their faces we understand now what Texas BBQ is all about.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I've been wanting to try this place out & I've been missing out. Walk up, order, meats sliced upon order, asked if I wanted mustard, pickles, onions & bbq sauce (perfect question except no mustard for me), pay & I was out the door in 2 min. I really like that they offer & put the condiments on the sandwich. The brisket was sone of the best I've ever had & I ran bbq restaurants for 10 years, tender, juicy & put together just perfect, just enough for me without a side. I gotta get back & try the ribs

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I have eaten here since I was a little child in the 1970's. It has not changed much, except for the sawdust having been taken out. I consistently think this is the best BBQ in Fort Worth. It's kind of a timeless place that physically hasn't changed in years, which is comforting to long time Ft. Worth residents in a city basically invaded with chain restaurants, like so many other cities in Texas. And the beer is EXTREMELY cold!!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I've heard of Angelo's over the years but never went. I finally found my excuse today when a group of friends invited me to join them.

Having never been there before, I got the two-meat plate with three sides. My meats were ribs and brisket (two meats I judge barbecue places by) while my sides were cole slaw, potato salad, and baked beans. A pickle came with the meal. I think I was supposed to get some slices of Texas bread (wide cut white bread) but it was missing off my plate. (Too bad, I like sopping up the beans with bread.) A small container of sauce came on the side.

The brisket was plain, I thought, until I dunked it in the sauce. This isn't normal Texas sauce. This is not the thick, hearty sauce I'm used to. Instead, this is a vinegary mustard sauce, perfect for soaking meat into rather than coating the meat. The sauce perfectly set off the brisket which was also thicker cut than I'm used to but with very little fat.

The ribs were winners. Three came with my meal and they were perfect.

The sides were good. The cole slaw was probably my favorite followed closely by the really crisp pickle.

One of my friends raved about the smoked mac and cheese and let me try some. The smoke really does change the flavor.

We had sweet tea to drink. I wish I'd been able to add some lemon to my tea.

While I've had better barbecue, this is definitely a solid performer. The construction signs scared us and made us wonder if we could find the place but the smoke drifting outside into the parking lot was quite reassuring. We'll be back despite the construction.