“GREAT smoked turkey”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 June 2015

This is one of my favorite BBQ places in DFW. Long lines during lunch, but they move fast. They do brisket and ribs very well, but the smoked turkey is hands down the best turkey you will find anywhere. Get a 2 meat special and make sure that you try the turkey as one of your choices. It's a also a cool place to hang out and they do the Gary Patterson TCU show from there.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

We had to have some BBQ while we were in town, and after reading reviews, and lists this was the chosen destination. As soon as you walk in the smoke is amazing! A casual eatery, where you order at the counter. The staff was helpful and suggested the ribs, sliced beef, and sausage. The ribs and sliced beef were excellent, we wish we had tried the sausage. The sides were quite good also, and the peach cobbler was a nice finish. The smoked turkey was not great, it had a strange consistency, but everything else was awesome. The drinks were served in some impressive goblets and were inexpensive by anyone's standards. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 May 2015

I love BBQ. Even thought North Carolina BBQ is my favorite, I love all types of BBQ. It doesn't matter where the BBQ is, I am always down for some delicious, wonderfully cooked BBQ. What I love even more are BBQ restaurants that support the military!

If you are a service member in the military, police officer, or a fire fighter, make sure that you bring your ID. The restaurant will take off 25% from the price of your meal. Speaking of prices, the prices are very reasonable and affordable!

Make sure that you come here early because the line can be long. It is apparent that this restaurant is very popular in Fort Worth, TX. Even so, the servers are very quick to cut up the meat and provide you the meal efficiently. It takes not only cash, but also it takes credit cards.

Also, make sure you bring your appetite. I ordered the two-meat platter. With this platter, I decided to have the brisket and pork ribs. For my sides, I received white bread, coleslaw, and potato salad. You can substitute the sides for some French fries. I wasn't a big fan of coleslaw or potato salad because I am generally not a fan of mayonnaise. I am not going to knock this restaurant because of my dislike of mayonnaise. Even so, the restaurant cooks the meat extremely well. The meats are very tender and juicy. You will receive plenty to eat, so it is will be a challenge to leave the restaurant hungry after eating here. After I received my meal, I ended up paying around $12, including tip.

You can eat either inside or outside. I would recommend eating outside if the weather is nice. If you are not in the mood, you can eat inside where there is a plenty of seats. There is a bar that you can go for alcohol drinks. Televisions are all around the restaurant to keep up with sports. Overall, a wonderful place and highly affordable place to eat BBQ. As I said, BBQ is much better when it supports military!

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

This is some of the best BBQ in Fort Worth. We've never been disappointed. They are generous with portions and everything tastes great!

Reviewed 8 April 2015

Do not miss the brisket sliced sandwich here! This place is casual, fun and prices are reasonable. There's a drive thru if you just want to grab some good BBQ and take it home. Beer is ice cold. This place can get crowded, so try to come by on the Friday or Saturday away from the dinner hour. They're closed on Sunday.

Been to Railhead Smokehouse? Share your experiences!