“Ribs & Atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The ribs & Cole slaw were Good. The BBQ Sauce a little Tangy. Potato Salad was Average. They have a Bar area, Dining area & Patio.The Onion Rings were good. Price very Reasonable. We will eat there again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious, falling off the bone ribs and hand cut French fries. Today we enjoyed ours outside in the shade.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Went with a friend to the Fort Worth location and I'm pretty particular about my BBQ. Was pleasantly surprised but the great taste and juiciness of the brisket made me a fan! Looking forward to my next time!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

It has been many years since I've been to this restaurant... my memories of the cold beer was accurate! The shiner bock I ordered was extremely cold in the chilled glass. The barbecue itself was decent, I tried both the sliced brisket and sausage. Not the best not the worst. The side of potato salad was enjoyable. Would be back for some cold beer.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Been eating here for about 15 years. VERY reasonable prices. Very informal, good place to come for great BBQ, in a very relaxed setting. You stand in line to order/get the food and bring it back to your table, so don’t expect “atmosphere”, but be prepared for great BBQ. There is also a bar.

I am a “rib man” and the ribs are the best I have ever had in Texas. Ribs are not quite “falling off the bone”, which is the way that I think they should be. Tender, with a tasty rub, BBQ sauce ON THE SIDE, because they don’t need sauce. Sausage must be made special for them, nice and peppery, but not too spicy, not greasy at all. Just about perfect. I could eat a lb. by myself, if my wife would let me. Brisket can be tricky to make, I have tried to make it many times at home, and only once I got lucky and it was good. At the Railhead, they are known for their brisket, it is always tender, and if you are a brisket “person” you can’t go wrong.

When we go with another couple or two we usually order the meat by the pound, rather than the dinners. i.e.( two pounds of ribs, ¾ lb of brisket, pint of cole slaw, etc. ) French Fries are a specialty, softer, hand cut, handmade. Order the large (Grande) and it comes on 12” – 14” SERVING TRAY, feeds about 5 or 6 people for about $5. They are VERY Good. We once ordered the French Fries with onions, which is also on the menu, and for some reason, they were not as good, they were soggy. I’d stick with the regular French fries, you’ll be very happy with them.

They have Ice cold mugs and Shiner Bock, add this to your BBQ and what more can you ask for on a hot Texas afternoon???

One note, I once got here first thing in the AM when they opened up, and it wasn’t quite as good as normal. My guess is that I got BBQ that wasn’t sold the previous day, now I get here later. Lunch time is crowded, and the lines can be 20-25 people deep. If you can, I suggest that if you can, get here after 1:00 or 1:30 PM if you can do a later lunch.

Been to Railhead Smokehouse? Share your experiences!