“Great time Great food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We've actually been here a couple of times so I'm surprised I never wrote a review. Let's start with the decor. Its very warm and inviting. Soft lighting but not so dark you can't see the menu. Which, btw, it's a big negative for me. I need to see what I'm eating. The wait staff was friendly and quick. The drinks strong. They don't water the drinks down. We started with the Shrimp Cargot, Absolutely delicious. Lots of butter, cheese and garlic. And, the Flatbread pizza which was full of flavor and crisp. For my main dish I had the Oven Roasted Chicken, full of flavor and perfect. My husband had the ribs. The were tender and sweet BBQ sauce. All in all, of of our favorites in Fort Worth. Prices are right and food is top quality.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

What a fine experience! Had 10 oz. prime rib with salad and baked potato. The prime rib was one of the best I've ever had. Great taste, perfectly cooked, and just the right amount of fat on the edges. The 10 oz. will suffice for most but there are larger sizes available for those who seek a larger meal . The salad that came with the dinner was a well prepared side salad and not just a bowl of lettuce. Baked potato was hot and tasty. The crescent type rolls are absolutely delicious and will melt in your mouth. We were quickly seated and quickly served. The attention of the server was spot on. This was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a while. Atmosphere feels upscale but is casual also. You'll fit in in jeans or a coat and tie. Mix of couples, families, groups of young folk...everybody! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Saturday was quite busy but we were seated in about 7 minutes. The hostess was great as was our server. My wife had the champagne salad and I had the chicken enchilada. They were both good portions and exploding with flavor. The enchilada was mildly spicy and came with guacamole and a light Chile topping. Delicious! The salad was beautiful and had dates, strawberries, pineapple and pecans...with a light dressing g and good honey bread. The ambience was cozy and warm with dim lighting. Definitely can recommend this place!!!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

When one dines regularly or semi-regularly at a place it says one of two things. One, you really like the place, or two, you aren’t very adventurous. Actually, there is a third choice. You dine with a group of friends regularly that just love the place. Such is my relationship with Charleston’s.

My biggest complaint, if you want to call it that, is the limited menu that only changes once a millennium or two. That is the menu items do not change, but the prices will increase with time. Still, a limited menu is a benefit when it comes to consistency and stability of the business.

With that said, I’ve never eaten something at Charleston’s that I found wanting. Unless, it was something I really don’t like, or I’d rather have at home. With that said, this is not about the food as much as the service.

When I eat at Charleston’s it is seldom just two or four of us. Normally, it is six to nine of us, and about half of us could drive a lot servers into another line of work. One great thing about the place though is the stability of the staff. The next best thing is the management. The management pays attention to what is going on, and problems are minimal and corrected professionally.

On the visit prompting this review there were six of us. It was not the most difficult of the crews with which I run, but we can have our moments. On this occasion, we had a different server some of the others who regularly work with us were working, but other areas. At first, that was a bit of a concern, but as it turned out our new, but experienced server, James B, was great. The food was good, the atmosphere was as expected, and the service was even better than normal if that is possible!

Give the place a try, or hit it again, and ask for James B. He's the little guy, not quite 6' 6".

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Tried the New England clam chowder and was pleasantly surprised. Very much like chowder I'd had recently in Seattle. Very nice dinner-the only downside being how loud it was.