“A quiet more refined atmosphere”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #205 of 1,631 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We enjoy breakfast out almost every weekend. We had not been here in quite some time and were pleasantly impressed. As an older couple we appreciated the quieter less hectic atmosphere. Not that there weren't families with children but it was just less frantic than the very popular pancake chain across the highway. The was delicious and beautifully presented.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Mimi's Cafe on a whim! We were quite pleased! When we entered, there was "French" music playing. The wait staff was friendly and courteous. My husband and I split a salad. The greens were fresh and the dressing was delicious (red wine vinaigrette with shallots). I had the mussels--yummy! My husband had the French dip. He said that it was one of the best that he ever had!! We will definitely return! Next time I will try the French pot roast!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This place is wonderful! They have a variety of delicious dishes and desserts! I had the turkey and Brie sandwich which was good. The French fries were great! But, the best thing I had was the birthday crepe cake! It was also my first time dining at Mimi's so they gave me two FREE, delicious muffins!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Mimi's is our favorite place for a sit-down breakfast. Today, however, it's like they took the day off. Maybe it's a weekday vs. weekend thing.

First, the MANAGER "greeted" us, which means that she asked "how many?" Not "welcome!" or anything similar. As soon as she seated us in a booth with a huge rip in the vinyl bench seat, she went right back to eating her breakfast and reading some paperwork at the bar. Sorry we interrupted her breakfast!

The server, however, was great. Rebecca was attentive, friendly, and helpful. Were it not for her, I'm not sure if we'd go back. The food was, however, served hot and fast.

So, there's that.

The actual hostess was an older woman who clearly was better at greeting customers than the manager with the personality of a box. Harsh? Maybe. But, this is a service industry where we can go ANYWHERE else to eat. The manager maybe needs a job where she can work by herself.

We had the Bacon Avocado Omelet and the pineapple upside down muffin and drinks. That muffin is new and it was DELISH! Loved the Bacon Avocado Omelet, too.

I can't believe this restaurant has allowed this booth with the rip in the seat to persist. Then, again, after observing the manager and her behavior, I guess I can.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The service was great. Our waitress was on top of her game. Food was well presented. The salad was fresh and the entrees were well prepared and served promptly from the time we ordered.