“Wonderful special event dining”

Saint-Emilion Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 1,633 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cultural District
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Went for my husband and my anniversary. 1st off, let me say-if you are considering a reservation, grab immediately as they go fast! The restaurant is super small and very romantic so don't hesitate.

Now-for the review itself.

Parking was super easy as they had onsite parking. We arrived about 20 minutes early and our table was ready. Despite being a small restaurant, we never felt rushed (just the opposite actually!) to finish and turn the table over. The hostess was very nice. Our waitress was professional and nice but I can see where other reviewers would consider the service a bit hastened.

We had already decided that we would order the 3 course dinner for Approx $70 pp (including service, but not tip). Our waitress brought out the gorgeous chalkboard and we decided that trying the scallops was a must along with the foie gras as we hadn't had that before. I am so glad we tried both! The scallops were large and perfectly cooked and delicious. The foie gras was delicious and unlike anything we have ever tried. We also went out on a limb and had the caviar tasting which was $18 for 2 bites and a shot of vodka. My husband did not care for it but enjoyed the vodka but I wish we had the money for more! Our main courses were the Duck cooked 2 ways and the filet de bouef which was cooked to a perfect medium rare. We both enjoyed our meals. Lastly was dessert. I chose the trio as I am a huge creme brulee fan and my husband had the Kentucky Pie. I was dissapointed in the the dessert trio-the brulee had a slight bitter burnt taste, the pot de creme was ok and the mousse was entirely too sweet for my liking. I wish I had tried the floating island as it looked delicious and would have been something new. Overall the dinner was definitely delicious and memorable. For anyone on a budget as we are, the dinner was $190 including 2 teas, 2 3 course dinners and 1 tasting of caviar. Tip is included in the price but you can add more if you wish.

1  Thank tonya k

Reviewed 19 January 2017

One of my favorites in Fort Worth. One of Zagat's most highly rated restraints for years. Bernard, the owner, moved from France and started this unique and fantastic icon over 30 years ago. He takes small group tours to the south of France several times a year. SAint Emillion is not open on Sunday or Monday, and there is limited seating....so plan ahead. Superb wine list.

1  Thank BabarJourney
Reviewed 28 December 2016

This place offers fine dining experience with quite palatable French dishes. The food should get 5 stars. However, the service is a bit hastened. When you are paying about $200 for 2 people, you expect a little bit of extra finesse and courtesy. We were a little disappointed with the dining experience. Our waiter did not fill us in on what the delectable items would consist of and my husband ended up eating an almost raw venison. He is fond of rather cooked meat. Also, we asked for wine pairing service. The waitress just pointed out the first wine on the menu and did not seem to know what to recommend. Thus, if you want to celebrate occasions and want to enjoy fine dining, this is not the place.

3  Thank Hetal L
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent restaurant with great food, romantic at atmosphere.... be prepared to be filled as you exit saint emilion...

Reviewed 10 December 2016

We were out for a celebration and had heard great things about the restaurant's history. We were disappointed and wished we had gone elsewhere. When spending $80 apiece you have high expectations and they were not met. The service was not swift nor was it even always polite but a little on the snippy side. The table was too small for the 4 of us. Each time my plate was set before me it hung off the table. My first and last trip there.

2  Thank pam w