“It's sushi, it's hibachi, hooray Japan!”

Edohana Hibachi Sushi
Ranked #754 of 1,623 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 November 2016

We had been by this place numerous times on our way to Home Depot, Fedex, etc. It is in a big shopping center which has many restaurants. We decided to have a sushi lunch, and everything went exactly as planned. Just a pleasant place to enjoy some authentic sushi.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

WARNING!!!! I wish we could give this place a rating of one now because of this manager..Horrible food, everything was sweet like pancake syrup, DIABETICS BEWARE!!!! and if you don't like it they make you PAY ANYWAY!!!! Even if you DONT EAT IT !!!!
The manager named Jun even threatened to call the police when we asked him politely to please take my plate off our bill.(since I'm diabetic).. I only took one small taste of everything and it was covered with sweet, sticky, syrupy teriyaki sauce. There was absolutely nothing I could eat or even wanted to. So sweet I had to spit it out. My wife couldn't eat hers either.
The Fried rice, The vegetables, The meat, The noodles.. Everything was covered with extreme sweetness. I told Jun I couldn't eat mine because I'm diabetic but he didn't care. We have eaten there many many times before and the food was never sweet like that. All the other customers at our table were complaining about the sweetness and said it was definitely different than usual and barely ate any of theirs. And they complained to our waitress about it also but it didn't do any good.
Jun the manager got right down in my face very rudely and told me in front of everyone that the police would be called if we didn't pay for my plate.... Has anyone ever heard of a restaurant doing this? This is crazy!! .. Absolutely insane!! They must be so money hungry that they are willing to sacrifice customer satisfaction and run customers off for good over one plate. I bet the police would think it was ridiculous too but we just didn't want to make a scene and ruin everyone's Saturday evening...I'm sure Jun was counting on that, He had already made everyone uncomfortable. We could see what he was doing spread throughout the place and everyone was watching him in disbelief.
A waiter there told us even if you find a bug or a hair in your food, which a lot of people do, (A waiter told us this!) they make you pay anyway. Or they threaten to call the police. This is neither a joke or an exaggeration!! All the customers around us at other tables couldn't believe what they were hearing and swore never to return. Way to go Jun!! way to keep the customers happy and coming back. You will never see us there again and I'm sure many others after that scene you made.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We celebrated the birthday of my grandson and he'll go nowhere else. Thank goodness, most Hibachi places are very pricey...... This place is closer to fair pricing. The quality of the food id good, the entertainers make sure the kids are having a great time and the portions are generous.......... While I watched, I saw the tops of my grand kids heads, means they were eating and liked the food.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We like this restaurant for special occasions. It's especially fun if there is a child or children at the table. Chef put on a great show and the food is excellent.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We've been going to this restaurant for 4 years now and it is consistently good good. They offer hibachi strip steak, filet mignon, shrimp, scallops, lobster tail, vegetarian and chicken entrees, as well as sushi and various appetizers. With every meal, they offer steamed or fried (as an added cost) rice, a vegetable mixture and is one of the few Japanese restaurants to offer noodles as part of the meal. They generally prepare all entrees, rice and vegies with Teriyaki sauce, but no one in my family likes Teriyaki. They will prepare them with just soy sauce if requested. The meals are consistently excellent and the service is usually good. We've had several visits when they are short-staffed and the service declines considerably. But overall, it is very well done. The chefs put on a good show when preparing the meals at your table, which is always fun. For birthdays, they provide singing, with a drum, and serve fried ice cream to the recipient. It all makes for a fun evening with excellent food.