“My Weight Watchers Rules Say- Go Ahead and Eat here.”

La Madeleine Country French Cafe
Ranked #282 of 1,731 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 30 July 2017

With so many delectable bake goods and dishes you would think that La Madeleines would be completely off limits for those calorie conscious among us- but not so amigo. I had an egg white omelet with ham and scallions (you choose ingredients) and strawberries Romanov, French roast coffee with just a whisper of half and half. This tasty meal was not over ten Weight Watcher points and of course the atmosphere here is casually elegant country French.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I was a member of a group of 16 on a Saturday morning at 11am. The restaurant will not accept a reservation for a group at lunch time so it was a struggle to find space to get enough seats together. It didn’t help that the group’s organizer arrived after many of the guests arrived so we didn’t know how many places were needed.

Once the seating dilemma was solved, noise was a definite issue. We could not hear each other’s conversations! A large party in the next room added to the din. This location of the restaurant chain, one of the newest, needs sound-dampening equipment.

The format of La Madeleine is similar to the others in the chain. You walk down a counter where you order salads, sandwiches and entrees. Some of the items are ready made, others are made-to-order. Many of the items have been standard features for many years and are still delicious. The tomato basil soup is my go-to favorite. There has been an upgrade for many other items to try to keep the menu “fresh.” The large array of fancy pastry selections, a La Madeleine tradition, is still as yummy as ever.

The self-serve coffee/tea/water area is fairly narrow and hard to navigate for those of us with mobility issues. Some of our group members had never been to a La Madeleine before and did not realize they had to get their own silverware and napkins by the coffee bar.

New to the routine for this restaurant chain is table delivery. In some ways this makes it more comfortable for guests. The old method of carrying your own tray of food to your table was often worrisome.

This location lacks the warmth of some of the older ones. The noise level is annoying. But the food is still very good and an excellent value. Those, like me, who enjoy comfort food, still enjoy going here.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We haven't been to a La Madeleine Cafe for quite a few years and were anxious to go back. But we were disappointed in our lunch. The large cranberry/pecan salad needed more of both and the salad itself was not overly large. Years ago, I recall getting delicious, thick jam in ceramic containers. Now, it is more like a syrup in tiny plastic containers. I hope all those containers get recycled! The cookie we got for dessert was just OK. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. A "very good" rating is higher than I'd like to give but "average" seems a little low.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I don't frequent la Madeleine often but today I was in an area running errands and it was the nearest place to grab a bite. I ordered the quiche lorraine and mushroom soup. I am a big fan of scratch made mushroom soup in general, but I have to say, not a fan of this one. First the soup was a little runny, not as creamy as I expected. Also there was a LOT of onion in it. The quiche was well baked but flavorless despite the ham and I could not find the Swiss cheese.
It seems to me they are trying hard but maybe the soup wasn't quite done? And the quiche needed seasoning desperately.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Joined friends for lunch at this facility. Friendly staff, clean dinning area and an improved display case of their deserts!! Had the trio salad which has a nice selection to choose from, soup, salad, and fruit, my favorite. Always good coffee!!