“Consistently delicious”

Local Foods Kitchen
Ranked #162 of 1,712 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Katie & her crew are always adding new dishes. Everything they make is delicious. The desserts are to die for!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We came here for a light dinner one evening because we read about them on TripAdvisor. We really liked the concept they have -- you can order from a menu, or, you can walk back & forth along the food cases and choose what you'd like to eat. They have an entree, salad and dessert food case along with wine & beer. Everything is presented very nicely. We chose to order out of their food cases and my wife ordered a Restuffed Potato and Butternut Salad. I ordered (2) shrimp/crawfish cakes, cucumber salad and mango ice tea. One thing I want to mention is that a man - I'm assuming one of the owners - was chatting with a woman directly in front of the entree case. I waited and waited, looked at one end of the case and then had to walk around to see the other side. No attempt to move away from the case that sells their product! It was really rude in my opinion and I ended up rushing the item I selected. My wife really liked her potato and butternut salad. The best part of my meal was the mango ice tea. The shrimp/crawfish cakes were more like breading with seasoning and they gave me way more cucumber salad than what I ordered (and I paid for it). The score I would have given would have been much lower, but my wife liked her food too much. If we want to eat a lighter meal some evening again, we'll just go to the strip center across the street and go to Corner Bakery.

2  Thank bohste
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Love it when I go into a place and someone makes me feel so important! It wasnt just me it was all of us and everyone is so happy. Love Local Foods Kitchen - they might be overwhelming because you dont know how to order but the staff quickly remedied this - I am loyal to them, our friends were new and equally happy! The food is fresh, colorful, and tastes good. I brought a casserole dish in last month and they filled it with my moms recipe for a family get together - its just so easy and they always just want to take it to the next level on service. thanks Local!

2  Thank slong58
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Great, small restaurant hidden in a shopping area. Excellent selection of fresh food. Patio area is very nice in good weather. Beer and wine only.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere of the place is decent. A lot of the food looked good. I ordered the "Kale Caesar Salad" with chicken. I was disappointed that there was hardly any kale in it-it was mostly Romaine. When I questioned it, they promptly brought me a plate of kale to add to it. I took the 3 bits of kale from the original salad and the chicken and made my new salad (with lots of kale) at my table. My other complaint would be, like so many other restaurants, it was not a true Caesar dressing-just a creamy Parmesan. I love flavor, and I'm consistently disappointed by what restaurants call Caesar dressing.
All in all, I would eat here again. I will try something else next time.

1  Thank thehandychik