“Get there early if you want baked goods”

Old German Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 133 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

We walked all the way to the bakery wanting some authentic German pastries after having eaten a not-so-delicious meal, and when I walked in I saw the pastry counter had nothing but a couple of dried-up cheese looking things. They didn’t look appetizing. No one greeted me or asked if they could help me, so I didn’t get a chance to ask if there were other pastries available. I’m assuming they must sell out early. Im basing my review on the lack of service and bakery products. Maybe at a different time they would be wonderful.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,728)

Reviewed 7 April 2021

I didn't have very much time in Fredericksburg recently, but stopping for a quick lunch here was certainly a highlight. I felt like I was instantly transported back to Germany. The food was as close as I've had to real German food in America. The sausage roll was excellent and the pretzel was amazing as well.

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant many times and have not been disappointed. The food is GREAT! Huge portions of deliciousness. We eat here for Brunch or Lupper. Best German food in town. The photo is egg and cheese croissant with bacon and hash browns. It was amazing.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 28 March 2021

So we went for a light lunch, and both of us had the pancakes, and added some (sunny side up) eggs. Both of us enjoyed it; delicious (thin) pancakes, but they are large (diameter). Service is good, coffee is good; highly recommend the place.

1  Thank DutchTX
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

Amazing food and great service! There was a wait when we came but they took us in super quick. Definitely coming back!