“Good Food, lots of options (both German and American) great service, good band!”

Silver Creek Saloon and Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 131 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Because of Covid 19 and I guess because it was a Monday, many of the restaurants in Fredericksburg were closed. We were glad Silver Creek was open, because my wife wanted German Bratwurst, and I wanted a good Hamburger. That’s what we ordered, and both were great. Our waitress was attentive, friendly, and provided great service. The night we were there they had a 4 man band and the music was outstanding. We ate outside, and towards the end it got a little nippy, but not a problem, the hostess began lighting up all of the portable gas heaters and we were nice and toasty. Not sure what some of the negative reviews were about, but I was very pleased and would recommend this restaurant very highly.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (859)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We read the reviews. But we had limited time. Everyone is right. The service is sub par. Obviously the management is not supervising the wait staff. They are very slow. Our waitress struggled to provide a basic level of service. I went to the restroom and she was hanging out at the bar. Guess that was more important than providing service.
Food was average at best. Had the chips and salsa. It was food service grade. No flavor. Wife and I split the Ruben. Again, average at the best. It lacked flavor. The German potato salad was the sole bright spot. I would skip this place unless you are just getting a beer.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Waited at the entrance per the sign with 2 other people. Many employees walked by and no one acknowledged us. I wasn’t sure what to do and I called out to an employee walking by “excuse me” and asked if this is where we get on a list. The lady said “yeah, there trying to bus tables and walked away. No problem, I know they’re busy. Just confused if we needed a reservation or get on a list. A guy came up and asked is we wanted inside or out, I said whichever was open. He took up inside and went to seat us but walked away behind the bar without seating us . When he came back he told us the manager said we were rude and they weren’t going to sever us. I was confused, and asked how I was rude. He said “she’s a trustworthy lady and if she said you were rude, then you were. You can leave now.” I said fine and I would right a review because I wasn’t rude to anyone. He said “good for you lady.”

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 26 November 2020

We sat on the patio overlooking Main Street, enjoyed a cold beverage, listened to the live music, and shared a couple of appetizers. Very enjoyable and relaxing experience. Highly recommended for a little down time to take a break from shopping.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank 360buddyb
Reviewed 23 November 2020 via mobile

If giving a zero was possible I would give this place a zero! As we were waiting to be seated a larger family was in front of us and the gentleman that was sitting them yelled at the waitress for the amount of ice she had put in the cups. His words “if you don’t want me to take out $200 out of your pay you will put less ice in the cup” . Really. For ice. No thanks. We walked away. Not eating at a place were employees are yelled at!!!!!!

Date of visit: November 2020